The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh go on then. Hoping to do the other 2 at the same time, assuming I actually manage my first ever imperial century in January of course...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm in! :hello:

I'm doing the metric century a month in tandem and am aiming to do as many imperial centuries as I can for that, while acknowledging that I am very unlikely to manage one every month (which is why I'm not doing the imperial century challenge itself).

Similarly, I think that I will try and make as many of my half centuries as I can 50-milers. There is an outside chance that I might manage to do a 50-miler a month on top of the month's metric century so it will be interesting to see how that idea pans out.

Definitely in.

This challenge has given me a reason to get out on my bike when I haven't felt like it these past two years, and that's a good thing (mainly cause once I am out, I absolutely love it, I'm just sometimes too lazy to make that initial move).
My standard loops round here are 25-33 kms (15.5-20.5 miles) so the half century challenge encourages me to extend some of those rides when I would otherwise just have nipped out and done a shorter one.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
'halfers' I like that :laugh: @Katherine . The distance is no longer the challenge it was but I still find once I pass 20 miles I have to complete the 50km can't remember the last time I did a 20 mile ride so this challenge still gets me riding more miles

ColinJ

'halfers' I like that :laugh: @Katherine . The distance is no longer the challenge it was but I still find once I pass 20 miles I have to complete the 50km can't remember the last time I did a 20 mile ride so this challenge still gets me riding more miles
Exactly. I have done several very hilly rides over 200 km so for me the distances are not a challenge, it is more about motivating myself to do the rides. I nearly always enjoy long rides when I do them, but I find it easy to make excuses not to!

steverob

Guru
If any of you fancy doing one (or more!) of your qualifying rides with me in 2018 you would be welcome to join me on any my forum rides. I post details in the rides forum, but will add reminders in this thread. :thumbsup:
Give me a shout the next time you're planning to come down to Leighton Buzzard. I think I could probably come up with an interesting route and ride it with you and any others who fancy a trip.

ColinJ

Give me a shout the next time you're planning to come down to Leighton Buzzard. I think I could probably come up with an interesting route and ride it with you and any others who fancy a trip.
It will probably be in the second half of March. I'll let you know nearer the time. @shirokazan said that he might come along on the next one if he has rebuilt his cycling legs after their winter break.

Top Bottom