The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
August Done.

A friend had come up from Dorset to stay the weekend with us, she’s just got into a spot of cycling and asked if it was okay to bring her bike and go out and do a bit. Naturally I obliged and to keep things fairly easy for her we did a loop around the lanes of Market Bosworth, stopping off at Sutton Wharf for coffee and cake after a steady 20 miles. She had informed me prior to the start that she had a good 30 miles in her legs and so it was a perfect excuse to get the first point of the month! All familiar (for me anyway) roads and what made it all the more pleasant was the slower pace allowed me to take in much more of the beautiful Leicestershire countryside than I otherwise would have done in a solo effort! The last five miles were wet but as it was still quite warm this was actually quite a welcome thing!

33.4 in 2:44 today.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
August Done.

A friend had come up from Dorset to stay the weekend with us, she’s just got into a spot of cycling and asked if it was okay to bring her bike and go out and do a bit. Naturally I obliged and to keep things fairly easy for her we did a loop around the lanes of Market Bosworth, stopping off at Sutton Wharf for coffee and cake after a steady 20 miles. She had informed me prior to the start that she had a good 30 miles in her legs and so it was a perfect excuse to get the first point of the month! All familiar (for me anyway) roads and what made it all the more pleasant was the slower pace allowed me to take in much more of the beautiful Leicestershire countryside than I otherwise would have done in a solo effort! The last five miles were wet but as it was still quite warm this was actually quite a welcome thing!

33.4 in 2:44 today.
You fell for the 2019 thread trap as well:laugh:

Slick

Guru
@Slick Sorry for the shout-out, but which way round did you do Loch Katrine? For some reason I think anti-clockwise is more common but I'm not sure why.

edit - ah never mind, most of the road is still closed from a landslide last year.
Anticlockwise probably is more common but I hate climbing just out the traps so much prefer clockwise and don't read too much into the landslide as that was ages ago and you can see where it hit a couple of houses but you can still get round although they don't want you there. We usually do it early evening so there are no issues. :okay:

Top Bottom