The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It's not looking good. I'm only 12 miles in and already in hypo territory.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
It's not looking good. I'm only 12 miles in and already in hypo territory.

View attachment 538971
I hate when that happens, do you have plenty of carb supplies?

C R

Guru
I've a couple sandwiches and a packet of crisps besides the usual jelly babies but they were supposed to be my "get me home from Dunham Town" fuel.
Sat here half hour later and its still low. Pita.
I've taken to carry loads of dextrose tablets for when that happens, takes a surprisingly large amount of carbs to push levels up when riding.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Can't carry those as I've no teeth :laugh:
Got to Dunham Massey and I'm still fighting low glucose. 2.7 atm. But, having my sammiches now so they'll see me home to Bolton.
I discovered a twix in the "hypo pocket". Best before 07-19. :headshake:One thinks one's hypo pocket needs updating.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Can't carry those as I've no teeth :laugh:
Got to Dunham Massey and I'm still fighting low glucose. 2.7 atm. But, having my sammiches now so they'll see me home to Bolton.
I discovered a twix in the "hypo pocket". Best before 07-19. :headshake:One thinks one's hypo pocket needs updating.
The twix has so much sugar that it will probably never go off.

C R

Guru
71.9km done and I feel like dropping dead.
Who's stupid idea was it to go cycling in this heat? :shy:

Well done for pushing through. I have terrible problems with hypos in hot weather, I had a 2.7 today, just sitting at my desk, so skipped the evening ride.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well done for pushing through. I have terrible problems with hypos in hot weather, I had a 2.7 today, just sitting at my desk, so skipped the evening ride.

Yep I think it was the heat today. The first half of my trip was entirely downhill and easy. I was barely pushing on the pedals and struggled to keep my hypos at bay.

Don't think I've had a day this bad in a long time :eek:
Those corned beef sammiches saved my bacon.

The Bystander

Über Member
Well done to @Jon George the first to post an August ride ,even though he posted the write up in the 2019 thread which I didn't notice thanks to @The Bystander for pointing this out . @NorthernDave you may like to post your write up the 2020 Chatzone as well
Also I think, possibly due to the confusion with your temporary time warp, you may have missed @Saluki two posts before @Jon George (credit where credit's due)

Top Bottom