The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Righto folks, thanks to @13 rider 's "get-out-of-jail-free" card I've squeezed in my last few km within the stated 24hours to keep me in the game.
Tara the doggy accompanied me around the park for a rather damp outing on the bike at 8.30 this morning.
View attachment 555149
Well done @Vantage hope your legs were ok
But do you realise you've now got to do 2 more rides :laugh:

Domus

Guru
Well done that man. :okay:

The Bystander

Über Member
Another short utility ride today - 12 miles to donate blood.
I'm posting here because, despite the rain and howling wind, I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any ride in the past couple of months. I think it's because I've declared myself out of the challenge and got the "long ride monkey" off my back. I don't have to keep checking the mileage or the calendar and I'm free to enjoy short rides again.
At this rate I can see me getting my mojo back and joining in again next year (no promises).

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Just digesting the latest lockdown news and what it means to the challenge .I will think about it over the next 48hrs but if you can get a ride in before Thursday it would make things less complicated
My initial feeling as outside exercise is allowed I don't want to offer a blanket bye as per the first lockdown but will consider Turbo rides again and also split rides ie 25km one day and 25km the next if people do not want to be outside for too long
Stay safe everyone

C R

Guru
Just digesting the latest lockdown news and what it means to the challenge .I will think about it over the next 48hrs but if you can get a ride in before Thursday it would make things less complicated
My initial feeling as outside exercise is allowed I don't want to offer a blanket bye as per the first lockdown but will consider Turbo rides again and also split rides ie 25km one day and 25km the next if people do not want to be outside for too long
Stay safe everyone
Will have to wait for more detail, but it would appear to me that solo rides should be ok. I will try to get November in tomorrow, just in case.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Will have to wait for more detail, but it would appear to me that solo rides should be ok. I will try to get November in tomorrow, just in case.
I think I heard you could do outside exercise with 1 member of another household but don't quote me on that . A solo 50km for me tomorrow

Stay safe everyone

I think if people don't want to go outside due to underlying health conditions etc. then indoor rides or a bye should be allowed as per April. Im going to try and continue riding outside because I can but others will have considerations that may make this tricky.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
So while out riding today I've being considering lockdown Mk11 , Obviously in an ideal world I would prefer everyone to get an outside ride in as normal but I am aware this will not to be everyone under the new circumstances . However I do not wish to offer a blanket bye this time but will consider byes on a case by case bases and will be pretty lenient as long as you offer a considered reason why you don't want to complete a ride .
My preferred options
1, normal outdoor ride
2, split 50km over 2 days
3, Turbo ride
4, Bye
Anyone who feels they will need a bye for Nov please contact me either via the chatzone or if you wish pm me
Hopefully this will keep everyone in the challenge good luck and stay safe

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
There were a brief few minutes yesterday evening when I looked at the forecast and seriously thought about doing a midnight ride - just to post the earliest possible ride for the month and have a good laugh at having done so.
Then I went to bed.
Out and about on little loops outside of Ipswich which, even with the smur and wind, did the trick of dispelling the fraught stress I'd experienced yesterday. (You've gotta love cycling - if just for it's ability to do this.).

Top Bottom