The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreaJ

Veteran
I’ve got a couple of days off and hoping to get another ride done although it looks like mum’s taxi is needed on one day. Will update main thread.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well this is a bit s***. I've been out to get my 50 in before the months out.
Waiting for Pam to come rescue me as I'm stuck in Coppull.
The same cramp that struck a couple months ago which had me crashing off the bike on a main road has just struck again, but I caught it early before its rendered me immovable. Looks like I'm out of the 50 a month rides :sad:

Monthly update time 5 days to go .
We have 17 riders fully posted up ,2 riders I know have done a ride but yet to update the challenge thread in @tallliman and @AndreaJ that leaves 7 rides on the nudge list which is @NorthernDave ,@Sbudge ,@Rob and Alison ,@slow scot ,@PatrickPending ,@lane and @Vantage
2 riders have dropped out of the challenge this month @steveindenmark due to an accident (hope the recovery is going well) and @The Bystander
Up-to-date again here, not a bad month for October, some lovely rides!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well this is a bit s***. I've been out to get my 50 in before the months out.
Waiting for Pam to come rescue me as I'm stuck in Coppull.
The same cramp that struck a couple months ago which had me crashing off the bike on a main road has just struck again, but I caught it early before its rendered me immovable. Looks like I'm out of the 50 a month rides :sad:
That's a shame @Vantage you done well to battle on to get this far . Take care

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
@Vantage if you can get the extra 1.1km riden within 24hrs of starting the ride technically it will count . I will leave it to you to decided if this feels right to you

Domus

Guru
Quite bright in Sunny Radcliffe this morning with the rain radar predicting rain at lunchtime, so off for a gentle spin up to Frederick's in Adlington for coffee and toasted teacake. Lots of kids on half term eating very colourful ice creams, whats wrong with Vanilla?
Turned for home and almost made it, freezing rain caught me out just 3 Kms from home. Another point in the bag. Hard luck for Vantage of this parish.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
October 2020 report

It has not been a good month for riding! Rain and wind plus too many commitments to be elsewhere than on a bike.

10 Oct. Truro - Carn Brea - Truro. 34 miles. https://www.strava.com/activities/4176050394

22 Oct. Truro - Newquay - Perranporth - Truro. 43 miles. https://www.strava.com/activities/4228383959

Got a 100k DIY Audax planned for next week.
Just been doing some Strava segment comparing for your Perranporth ride and Discovered on Retyn to Whitecross I'm 6th just above Chris Opie pro cyclist ex GCN presenter :becool: but on the downside I've lost my Kom on bypassing Cubert by a big chunk :sad:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Righto folks, thanks to @13 rider 's "get-out-of-jail-free" card I've squeezed in my last few km within the stated 24hours to keep me in the game.
Tara the doggy accompanied me around the park for a rather damp outing on the bike at 8.30 this morning.

footloose crow

Über Member
Just been doing some Strava segment comparing for your Perranporth ride and Discovered on Retyn to Whitecross I'm 6th just above Chris Opie pro cyclist ex GCN presenter :becool: but on the downside I've lost my Kom on bypassing Cubert by a big chunk :sad:
I have been slower since the collar bone incident! (Wifely instructions and she follows me on Strava beacon).

Chris Opie is generally in the top 10 on all segments round here so well done on getting ahead. Good effort.

Top Bottom