The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Chilly in Sunny Radcliffe so long sleeve base layer and Lusso jacket with bib longs and toe warmers. Set off with no particular plan and went up and over Holcombe Hill. What a pleasant surprise when I puffed up to Holden Wood, Grane Road closed. The chap manning the cones said it was grass and hedge cutting, sweeping and litter picking and I was free to proceed. FANTASTIC, no wind, clear skies and an empty road, kept away from the kerbs and the cuttings and rode to Jackson Heights Road in the middle of an empty road. Finished up with 61 Kms and another point.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Still not riding much, too much time going on decorating, work and keeping a 27 year old Volvo on the road. I dropped the other 2 challenges last year and I'm determined to keep this one going, so out today before the weather turns dire tomorrow and the builders start.
Nothing fancy, ambling zig zags on familiar territory. I keep looking at my Veloviewer squares but grabbing even a single new one is 50 miles plus, so maybe next year.
And I've remembered to update the ride thread, so no slapped wrist for me this month @13 rider :laugh::okay:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Do I get the bonus point for being the first to post a completed imperial 50? I've got the next week and a bit off work, but the weather forecast isn't looking too hopefull for most of it so I went out for a relaxed 50 miler to Henley and back once the roads had dried out after the overnight rain.

What I've got to look forward to until I go back to work...

Screenshot_2020-10-01 Trimley St Mary - BBC Weather.png

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Do I get the bonus point for being the first to post a completed imperial 50? I've got the next week and a bit off work, but the weather forecast isn't looking too hopefull for most of it so I went out for a relaxed 50 miler to Henley and back once the roads had dried out after the overnight rain.

What I've got to look forward to until I go back to work...

View attachment 550189
No :laugh:
But you have my respect :okay:
Yes I have a nice long weekend off work riding plans seem to be on hold :rain:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
@Jon George has been knocked off his first poster perch

What can I say? I'm inconsolable. :cry:

^_^

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Due to my recent accident, I will not be able to complete the challenge this year. This would have been my 5th consecutive year, I believe.

The best of luck to the rest of you. Get wrapped up. 🍀🙏
Having seen your accident thread I feared you would have to drop out 😢 . Yes it would have been your 5th year . Wishing you a speedy recovery and hopefully you will be back in for 2021
It's seems to have been a bad year for accidents stay safe everyone

C R

Guru
The morning was not very amenable to riding, what with the pouring rain and the blustery wind. After lunch, though, it was a different day, the wind dropped and there was even sunshine and dry roads by the time I set off just after 4.

Quick loop of Bredon Hill via Longdon to add some distance, and October is in the bag, hopefully I'll manage some more.

aferris2

Guru
Glad to get a ride done for October today. It's about this time of the year that you need to switch to doing a ride when the weather is not too bad instead of waiting for a really nice day. I missed an opportunity a few days ago because the mojo wasn't there so after a heavy hint from the other half that I should get out today I retrieved the bike from the shed.
It didn't take long to get into it though. Lots of sun to start with, but the rain came early so got a little wet at the end. Lots of other cyclists out which is always good to see.

Top Bottom