The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

footloose crow

Über Member
According to my new just invented rule ,rides have to be from within your home country . This has nothing to do with me being jealous of you popping off for some winter sunshine while I ride in the wind and rain .
Only joking :okay: . Hope you had a lovely break . Take care on the Cornish lanes I suspect they will be lots of debris on them if my local lanes are anything to judge by
I was momentarily worried there. Lanes are indeed looking bad - where they are even visible under mud and debris. Hoping for slight lull on weds.

aferris2

Guru
February ride done. Ran out of excuses not to ride today. Weather hasn't been too good (but still a lot better than the UK) and we have been doing a lot of travelling. Anyway, seemed like a good idea to ride on the only sealed road on Wilson's Promontory, the only problem being the big hill out of the campground. Being from Essex, I don't do hills so this was a bit of a tester. Add in the 58kmh gusts against me on the ascent made it a real challenge. I did get to the top without stopping.
Next month might be interesting. I think we are going to be on the Nullabor

gavgav

Guru
I’m in serious danger of dropping out already. A combination of the absolutely horrific weather here in Shropshire, a bad tooth infection that knocked me out for 10 days, lurgy and other plans have meant I’ve done 0 rides this month, never mind a 50k. I’m off on holiday, this Saturday, for a week and whilst I hoped to get the ride in, where I’m going, weather may put pay to that.

Will have to see....

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I’m in serious danger of dropping out already. A combination of the absolutely horrific weather here in Shropshire, a bad tooth infection that knocked me out for 10 days, lurgy and other plans have meant I’ve done 0 rides this month, never mind a 50k. I’m off on holiday, this Saturday, for a week and whilst I hoped to get the ride in, where I’m going, weather may put pay to that.

Will have to see....
Keep in there!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru

Will have to see....
Fingers crossed . Without the health issues it been a terrible month for riding it will be my lowest scoring month in 5 years !!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru

Slick

Guru
Monthly update time . It's looks like February been a tough month for riding with all the storms so well done to the 24 of us with a ride in and posted :thumbsup:. 1 rider had done a ride but not updated the challenge thread and for once it's not @tallliman :okay: but @AndreaJ . That leaves 12 riders yet to post so a nudge for @gavgav ,@Sbudge ,@steveindenmark ,@StuartG ,@Chris Doyle ,@Ice2911 ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@C R ,@lane and @Vantage
I finally got a ride in this morning and will update when I gather my thoughts. 👍

Domus

Guru
Managed another 51 Kms today, waited 'till the rain stopped at 11.00 then out into a 29 Kph cross/headwind to Fredericks in Adlington for coffee and a toasted Teacake. 👍 Back home with a cross/tailwind via Horwich and the climb up to The Blundell Arms. BLOOMING WINDY :eek:
Back home in time for the Rugby. 👍
Probably it for February forecast is dire :wacko:

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Monthly update time . It's looks like February been a tough month for riding with all the storms so well done to the 24 of us with a ride in and posted :thumbsup:. 1 rider had done a ride but not updated the challenge thread and for once it's not @tallliman :okay: but @AndreaJ . That leaves 12 riders yet to post so a nudge for @gavgav ,@Sbudge ,@steveindenmark ,@StuartG ,@Chris Doyle ,@Ice2911 ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@C R ,@lane and @Vantage
I know I know, managed my imperial/200km 2 weeks ago and a 100km today. The separate 50km to fit in this week. Then I'll post them all.

gavgav

Guru
Still keeping fingers crossed, Wednesday looks okish up here in The Lakes, mainly dry if very windy, on our holiday and so we might get out yet!

C R

Guru
Still keeping fingers crossed, Wednesday looks okish up here in The Lakes, mainly dry if very windy, on our holiday and so we might get out yet!
This month has really been dire. I thought I was going to miss the chance of a challenge ride because of the weather. Finally a reasonable opportunity arose after lunch today, and managed to squeeze in a qualifying ride, so still in the challenge. Here's hoping that everyone else manage to stay in the challenge too.

Top Bottom