The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Well I apologise for being the bearer of bad news, but it seems you're all stuck with Mr Grumpy Groucho here for another month.
On the very last day of the month I've managed to do 58.7 of those weird euro Km things! ^_^

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I've done 618 km this month inc a 200km/imperial century and a 100km last Sunday but no separate 50 for this challenge, so I'm out. Unless I return because one of the others goes belly up and I can then count towards this challenge again. 36km today, 29 yesterday, 28 Thursday all wet and/or windy. Like everyone else I should have done about 4, my 50s are usually Saturdays with OH. at least we got out today but didn't even risk a cafe stop, which was a wise move as although we battled headwinds we missed the hailstorm not long after our return. If we'd done the extra 5 km to the cafe I might have forced myself to go round in circles. Well done everyone else!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Off the mark for March 36 miles today out to Ragdale . Getting bored with the wind now it was a bit blustery out there .
Well done @C R first one to post a March ride

C R

Guru
Off the mark for March 36 miles today out to Ragdale . Getting bored with the wind now it was a bit blustery out there .
Well done @C R first one to post a March ride
It was a special ride today. I bought a new Triban RC500, and I was itching to give it a spin.
Forecast was windy with clearly skies, so decided on a route that was likely to be dry, or at least minimally wet. I sort of succeeded, but ended up riding into the wind a lot more than I like.

This is my first drop bar bike (a pro bike as my son said ^_^) and I can't believe how much easier to ride it is than my flat bar.

This is my n+1 in one of the moist areas I encountered today.
IMG_20200301_080311688_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Nice bike @C R . I went from flat bar to drops a few years ago and still commute on the flat bar and the different position on the drops especially into the wind is very noticeable

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
February update we have 34 riders fully posted up with 1 rider who's done a ride but yet to update the thread . However I not sure I should allow this ride as during February as most of us battled the wind and rain and multiple storms a certain @Chris Doyle sat it out doing a bit of zwifting then casually flew out to Calpe at the end of the month and did a qualifying ride in 23 degrees . Lucky b*\*%≤d !!!. Should we allow it ? .2 riders yet to declare in @StuartG and @Ice2911 . @Cranky Knee Girl has counted herself out as she has not done a separate 50km ride which is a shame
Hopefully that's the worst month over ,well done everyone that was a tough month

Domus

Guru
Out early this morning to Join a few Chorlton Wanderers for an impromptu extra ride. Four hardy souls braved the strong swirling winds before late morning coffee in Chorlton, then home via the city centre and the drag up through Prestwich. I did entertain an extra loop to get a two pointer but the wind did for me in the end. 72 well fought for Kms

C R

Guru
February update we have 34 riders fully posted up with 1 rider who's done a ride but yet to update the thread . However I not sure I should allow this ride as during February as most of us battled the wind and rain and multiple storms a certain @Chris Doyle sat it out doing a bit of zwifting then casually flew out to Calpe at the end of the month and did a qualifying ride in 23 degrees . Lucky b*\*%≤d !!!. Should we allow it ? .2 riders yet to declare in @StuartG and @Ice2911 . @Cranky Knee Girl has counted herself out as she has not done a separate 50km ride which is a shame
Hopefully that's the worst month over ,well done everyone that was a tough month
Maybe allow @Chris Doyle this one, on condition that he logs two qualifying rides during the following two storms in the UK.

C R

Guru
Nice bike @C R . I went from flat bar to drops a few years ago and still commute on the flat bar and the different position on the drops especially into the wind is very noticeable
Thanks, it really is a revelation. I have been uhming and aahing about the drops in case I didn't get on with them, but I really shouldn't have worried. I am keeping the flatbar for commute and grotty rides, but I can't really see myself using it much for long rides.

Top Bottom