The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
@13 rider ... thanks! There's some confusion as to when the new lockdown actually starts here .. is it today, tomorrow or Monday ? ... but I managed to post a ride today anyway. I stayed very close to home - partly because of the uncertainty, and also because of that very strong NE wind..

It looks as though I'll be limited to no more than 10km from home for the next 4 weeks - so I should be able to post more rides but they'll be a succession of local loops.

Managed 50km today despite not really having an aim to the ride and still feeling iffy (tummy bug yesterday). Still, rode up towards Gotham, took the little railway walk up there just to see where it went; quite pleasant. Then to East Leake and Wymeswold before some Lufbra circuits to ensure I didn't invoke @13 rider's wrath by finishing shy of 50k

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
April's ride in the bag and I successfully increased the distance by about 10% in my weekly(?) effort to eventually reach a ride of 50 miles.
I made the rookie error of trusting the forecast! :whistle: I've been colder, but not by much. I also suffered two near bonks, but I'm getting used to the sensations and slowed for a minute to recover. I may have to re-experiment with gels. (I won't tell you what I thought of the texture the first time I tried them.xx()
By and large though, I'm really happy to have been out and achieved the result I did.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
April is done (phew) just before winter comes back for a couple of weeks:

4 April Truro, Perranporth, Porthtowan, Truro. 50.3km

I have no idea how the points work. Is this one point for a 50k -er?

2 points for 100k? 3 for 150?
1 point 50km ,2 points 50 mile ,3 points 100km ,4 points 100 mile ,5 points 200km ,.
The points are only a personal total

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Added two rides from last month. 50km and 50 miles. Totally forgot to log them due to work, stress, work stress and general bleugh-ness.
I did my 100km today to get it out of the way. I had planned my 50km but took a wrong turn ^_^

Pic of Thor at the seaside. I could not be faffed to queue for ice cream.

Attachments

• 6B8C4156-3C83-46CF-91DE-BD10E27F4D2B.jpeg
    6B8C4156-3C83-46CF-91DE-BD10E27F4D2B.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
April's ride in the bag and I successfully increased the distance by about 10% in my weekly(?) effort to eventually reach a ride of 50 miles.
I made the rookie error of trusting the forecast! :whistle: I've been colder, but not by much. I also suffered two near bonks, but I'm getting used to the sensations and slowed for a minute to recover. I may have to re-experiment with gels. (I won't tell you what I thought of the texture the first time I tried them.xx()
By and large though, I'm really happy to have been out and achieved the result I did.

Don't worry about gels, just carry some chocolate or flapjack or nuts. All sources of energy that aren't as sickly as gels (I do carry emergency ones)

C R

Guru
First proper ride out today for ages, at last one that doesn't involve Bredon Hill!
View attachment 582334

Nice house on the way round. What shall I drive today, the Miura, the Daytona or the Continental S2 Flying Spur?
Nice bike. A route that I like past your way, though it sort of involves Bredon hill, is going out to Toddington, then Broadway and back via Elmley Castle an Pershore.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Don't worry about gels, just carry some chocolate or flapjack or nuts. All sources of energy that aren't as sickly as gels (I do carry emergency ones)
Thanks. You've reminded that along with the fig rolls and cereal bars I carry at the moment, I used to include mini-mars bars (or something similar) on longer rides. I shall seek them out again! ^_^

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Got Aprils ride in the bag yesterday. Was hoping to get a couple more rides in during March but that didn't happen as I had an off on the 2nd weekend. Not off the bike, but fell off a ladder when cleaning the gutters. Good job we live in a bungalow!. Gashed my head which needed glueing, and banged up my shoulder and hip which were sore enough to stop me riding. Did a few miles on Friday to check the shoulder and it seemed ok, but a bit sore after Sundays ride. Still in the game though!

Rare for me to have time to cycle so early in the month, but today’s ride was good, another one done so 4 points for me.
I’m noticing that my energy levels seem to have improved, though I did feed better during my ride, mainly because I didn’t have a cycle prep breakfast.
Age, and minimal cycling distance s taking its toll though, so hopefully the summer will bring much better weather and plenty of time for me to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom