The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
February has been awful in Denmark. Storms, high winds and rain. Its been grim all month. This is todays weather. Hopefully a weather window will appear.

Plan was to do the 50k riding home from work today but the wind put pay to that, it felt horrendous when a headwind and was going right through me.

bruce1530

Guru
We have 25 riders fully posted up which leaves 16 riders yet to ride or post so here comes the nudge list
@bruce1530
Good luck everyone the weather looking at bit better this weekend
It's been a struggle, but I'm in.... and arguably without cheating :smile:

Difficult month. Covid. 3 named storms. Loads of family and work stuff, and a general lack of motivation. It was always "the weather's rotten, I'll go out next weekend".

And then, all of a sudden, "shoot, it's a 28 day month....need to get out now. And the weekend forecast isn't good.
So it had to be today.

Had a few hours TOIL at work, planned am afternoon ride. But stuff happened, and had to work.

Got out for a bit at lunchtime, but not enough time. 30k in the bag. Home. A couple of work meetings over zoom. Then out again afterwards for another 25k.

I have convinced myself that this counts as a 50k ride, since I kept my cycling leggings on during the video calls, and it was really just an extended cafe stop :smile:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
It's been a struggle, but I'm in.... and arguably without cheating :smile:

Difficult month. Covid. 3 named storms. Loads of family and work stuff, and a general lack of motivation. It was always "the weather's rotten, I'll go out next weekend".

And then, all of a sudden, "shoot, it's a 28 day month....need to get out now. And the weekend forecast isn't good.
So it had to be today.

Had a few hours TOIL at work, planned am afternoon ride. But stuff happened, and had to work.

Got out for a bit at lunchtime, but not enough time. 30k in the bag. Home. A couple of work meetings over zoom. Then out again afterwards for another 25k.

I have convinced myself that this counts as a 50k ride, since I kept my cycling leggings on during the video calls, and it was really just an extended cafe stop :smile:
If your happy with it counting then so am I especially as you kept your leggings so that meets my own change of clothes rule .ie if you don't change your clothes it's 1 ride .
Under the rules you get 24 hrs to complete so no issue at all

FrothNinja

Veteran
Forgot about this - I chose the 50km option and did two of those in Jan. Like most others, the $h!te weather and work meant it was looking like Feb's wouldn't happen.
However, I managed to squeeze in an up and down 53km+ yesterday arvo - with a first visit of the year to a friend, who has been crook, in the middle(ish). Took a spare fleece, a boil in the bag, a buff, and some inner gloves, but didn't use them - is spring approaching?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Forgot about this - I chose the 50km option and did two of those in Jan. Like most others, the $h!te weather and work meant it was looking like Feb's wouldn't happen.
However, I managed to squeeze in an up and down 53km+ yesterday arvo - with a first visit of the year to a friend, who has been crook, in the middle(ish). Took a spare fleece, a boil in the bag, a buff, and some inner gloves, but didn't use them - is spring approaching?
Well done ,Don't forget to update the challenge thread

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Well, I did it.
For someone who had given himself the extra challenge of trying to be the first to post each month, this really feels like squeaking under the wire. The shorter tester ride ride I did the other day gave me the confidence to have a go without too much risk to re-damaging my calf. It's a tad tender, but I'm sure it will continue to improve as the weeks go by. (I treated it as long recovery ride. :whistle:)
Lots of folks out riding, and the spring flowers and sun always make for a great experience.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
So the official report into the @Jon George ride is now complete
On the evidence of an independent Suffolk resident named Jay (#wheres Jay ) he confirmed @Jon George left the house this Morning in cycling kit with a bike so we have to presume the ride was completed as stated and will be allowed to stand unless further evidence comes to light
I am currently looked for someone based near Worcester to check when @C R rides as he is also implicated in the fake Gpx file scandal

steverob

Guru
Much in common with everyone else on here, finally got my 50km ride done for February having been stymied up until now. Lots of problems with connecting devices, but the cycling itself was fairly straightforward. I have a flat 50km countryside loop that I like to do when I don't fancy going too far afield and don't want high levels of traffic, so that was ideal today and I chose to do it anti-clockwise for a change.

Hoping that I might even get out tomorrow as well to add one more point to the total, as that would put me on my highest score at the end of February in the nine years I've been tracking rides for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom