The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Finally a respite in the weather, however just as I got to Hindley, the farthest point of today's ride, the wind speed increased and the rain came. Notice I didn't say the rain came down as horizontal is not down :wacko:
A hard earned point for 58.5 wet and windy Kms.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I don't know whether it's all the years of cycling I've done, or getting older (or a combination of both :rolleyes:), but I find I'm actually rather sanguine about the prospect of not getting a February ride in after my calf-strain at the beginning of the year.
I went out today on a revised loop of 9 and bit miles (plus 4 miles getting to the 'start' and back) along the flattest outskirts of Ipswich as I could as a tester. Now, whilst I've done short utilitarian rides recently, this was the first time I got MAMILed up and I took it slow and raised the cadence with low gearing to ease any possible excess strain. So far, no major aches (only twinges to remind me of the problem), but I'm going to wait and see. I've got five days, after all. :whistle:
On the plus side, I've been motivated to begin building a Fixie - but if the strain takes much longer to repair, it may just become a work of art. ^_^

aferris2

Guru
Felt I had to get out today or be out of the challenge after just one month. The SW wind meant that it was behind me on the way out but against on the way back. That's the bit that is also uphill so it was double difficult today.
Stopped off at Buttsbury Ford to see how deep the water was. Not as much as I expected but still deep enough for several drivers to turn round and find another route.
Must try to get out earlier in March!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I don't know whether it's all the years of cycling I've done, or getting older (or a combination of both :rolleyes:), but I find I'm actually rather sanguine about the prospect of not getting a February ride in after my calf-strain at the beginning of the year.
I went out today on a revised loop of 9 and bit miles (plus 4 miles getting to the 'start' and back) along the flattest outskirts of Ipswich as I could as a tester. Now, whilst I've done short utilitarian rides recently, this was the first time I got MAMILed up and I took it slow and raised the cadence with low gearing to ease any possible excess strain. So far, no major aches (only twinges to remind me of the problem), but I'm going to wait and see. I've got five days, after all. :whistle:
On the plus side, I've been motivated to begin building a Fixie - but if the strain takes much longer to repair, it may just become a work of art. ^_^
Take it steady but hopefully you can get a ride in

First 50km ride on my new bike, had to choose a route which was not likely to be covered in mud or underwater because I didn’t want to get it dirty 😂.
How much quicker were you ?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Monthly update time and last weekend warning . What a rubbish month February has been so a long nudge list to follow ,even I have only 1 qualifying ride in
We have 25 riders fully posted up which leaves 16 riders yet to ride or post so here comes the nudge list
@cosmicbike ,@gavgav ,@Jon George ,@steverob ,@bruce1530 ,@tallliman ,@Osprey ,@PatrickPending ,@steveindenmark ,@Slick ,@C R ,@Gibbo9 ,@Alex321 ,@Fergs ,@T4tomo ,@tfc03
Good luck everyone the weather looking at bit better this weekend

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Jon, if the weather holds out on Saturday do you want me to do a 50k starting in Ipswich and send you the Garmin file so you can claim to have done it? ^_^

C R

Guru
Monthly update time and last weekend warning . What a rubbish month February has been donut a long nudge list even I have only 1 qualifying ride in
We have 25 riders fully posted up which leaves 16 riders yet to ride or post so here comes the nudge list
@cosmicbike ,@gavgav ,@Jon George ,@steverob ,@bruce1530 ,@tallliman ,@Osprey ,@PatrickPending ,@steveindenmark ,@Slick ,@C R ,@Gibbo9 ,@Alex321 ,@Fergs ,@T4tomo ,@tfc03
I am riding on Sunday even if Eunice and Franklin send over their ugliest son.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Monthly update time and last weekend warning . What a rubbish month February has been so a long nudge list to follow ,even I have only 1 qualifying ride in
Yes crap weather and hockey commitments have limited me to just one short outing this month where I didn't have a big enough time window to do 50km. will see what Sunday brings....

Top Bottom