The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
It appears that I'm the first to post a February qualifying ride .. blimey, that's never happened before. A "first" first - and probably my last.

I shall celebrate with extra chocolate by the fire this evening..

A photo of the recently swept V3 Voie Verte from this afternoon's ride (near la Roche)

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
It appears that I'm the first to post a February qualifying ride .. blimey, that's never happened before. A "first" first - and probably my last.

I shall celebrate with extra chocolate by the fire this evening..

A photo of the recently swept V3 Voie Verte from this afternoon's ride (near la Roche)

View attachment 629339
Yes first to post Februarys ride, enjoy the chocolate . I did wonder why no one posted on the 1st .Hopefully I will get my banker in tomorrow

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
I planned a 70km ride along the Sussex/Surrey border for today but due to my school boy error in not replacing my water bottle correctly on the fly, cut things short when it bounced out of it's cage and into the undergrowth

on a fast bumpy descent, never to be seen again. At least I got to see the canal barges at Loxwood on my short cut back and just managed to scrape in at 31.2 miles (50.2km)

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
It can be a bit tricky so you need the help of the star fairy ,calling @Pat "5mph" . Could you please amend @Eribiste Signature so it reads 4 stars then ,2016,18,19,21 half century challenge ,many thanks
My apologies I only had you down as completing 3 years but checked my records and 4 it is :okay:
Yes please. I'd appreciate showing a 2021 50 metric and 50 imperial challenge star. (or whatever is approved language)

kapelmuur

Veteran
With advancing age I've become less and less keen on cycling outdoors when it's cold and windy, so most of the past 2 winters I've been inside cosy on my turbo.

However, rejoining the challenge means I have to get out at least once a month and when I put my nose outside this afternoon the weather seemed fairly pleasant.

So I have done my February ride and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I can relax with the thought that there should be at least 1 nice day in March and then we're into spring.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Got my February ride done too, I was planning on doing it on Sunday on a group ride but Sunday’s weather forecast doesn’t look good and it appears that I ride with a bunch of fair weather cyclists 😂. Lovely sunny day but very cold with lots of puddles, had to fix a puncture on a cold, wet and muddy wheel☹️.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Got my February ride done too, I was planning on doing it on Sunday on a group ride but Sunday’s weather forecast doesn’t look good and it appears that I ride with a bunch of fair weather cyclists 😂. Lovely sunny day but very cold with lots of puddles, had to fix a puncture on a cold, wet and muddy wheel☹️.
A like for the ride not the visitation of the fairy . Nitrile gloves saves getting your hands dirty a good saddle bag extra

February done.

This marks my first of eight successive long weekends and as such I ventured out to bag this month’s points with a fresh ride out to RaceHub cafe just north of Leicester, and coming back via Bradgate Park and Polly Bott’s Lane which is a local legend of a climb! True to form the wind was with me there and against coming back! Just under 54 miles today, yes I could’ve eked out another 8 miles to get the metric ton but I have plenty of long weekends to get that done!

Full report will be posted in Your Ride Today thread.

Top Bottom