The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hopefully kicking my entry off tomorrow am

Alex321

Veteran
Apart from the ludicrous task I have set myself in recent times by endeavouring to post the first ride of the month, I am (without the aid of alcohol, but that might be rectified after posting this) will state that I intend to go for a 50 point year in 2022.
There, I'm committed to attempting it now. Or, at least, I should be committed ...
Good luck, everyone!
How can you get 50 points in a year? Surely it is only 2 points a month. Or can you count multiple rides in one month?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
How can you get 50 points in a year? Surely it is only 2 points a month. Or can you count multiple rides in one month?
The points total is for every ride so yes we count multiple rides just for extra motivation . So 50 points could be 50 * 50km (1 point ) in a year or 25 * 50m (2 points) in a year
It seems complicated but you will soon see how it works
Basically @Jon George has made the challenge a bit harder for himself in 2022 for some extra motivation to ride more often

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
And we're off! ^_^
To be honest, I'm a tad critical of myself for setting such a high personal points target, but I do need some kind of enhanced physical challenge after the last two years to lower stress levels, so we'll see how it goes.
Anyway, I took time out to take a photo - the sun was glorious to see.
photo 2 (5).JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm up and running did my standard Wymeswold loop 1st of many hopefully
Congratulations to @biggs682 on being the first to post . It looks like @Jon George may have some competition in the race to post first each month looks like @biggs682 likes an early start posting at 0925
Yes out before 6 am and with a self imposed 3 HR limit today hopefully same tomorrow

steverob

Guru
I have done a ride today but it was 100km, so have posted it in the Metric Century thread (finally back in that after a three year absence). Will only post on here once I've done a ride that counts for this challenge - I know it's not the done thing to count one ride in two different challenges (although I'll still claim my 3 points here when the time comes!)

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I have done a ride today but it was 100km, so have posted it in the Metric Century thread (finally back in that after a three year absence). Will only post on here once I've done a ride that counts for this challenge - I know it's not the done thing to count one ride in two different challenges (although I'll still claim my 3 points here when the time comes!)
Theres nothing against the rules in posting a ride in multiple threads but like you I feel is against the spirit of the challenges and I run 2 total s this challenge and total points

Top Bottom