The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
You got your new bike dirty :ohmy:
I cleaned my bike this morning.

10 minutes into my ride today, you wouldn't have believed I had :sad:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Today's ride was a real sneak-one-in-the-bag-before-the-weather-changes. ^_^
I'm really pleased with how things went - I was pushing myself for most of the ride and managed to do just over 34 miles in 2hrs 10mins, which, for me, felt pretty good going. (I convinced myself I deserved the double-egg cheese omelette I made afterwards.:whistle:)
I also felt the need to do some stretching exercises for my legs when I got home, which tells me I'm probably at the edge of my limit. So, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the year unfolds if I continue in this vein ... :smile:

Slick

Guru
So, much like a number of others I was just keen to get the challenge up and running before the weather turned, which just proves this challenge works as I started my day pretty much planning a lazy day on the couch before I spotted a gap in the clouds and decided to go for it. I have had some very recent bad luck with 2 seperate visits from the fairy on my last 2 commute rides. It was a total pain trying to work out what I'd missed as when I fixed the first one, it got me to work and sat all day inflated before going down again halfway home. I replaced the tube again and its been sitting inflated since the week before Christmas, so I was reasonably confident I had finally fixed it. About 20 miles in, I couldn't believe it when I felt the rear tyre going down again but at least this time I found the culprit which was the tiniest bit of glass that was wedged into the rubber and could easily have lasted a few miles before hitting an obstacle a certain way and causing a very slow puncture. I was annoyed at myself for not finding it sooner but it was the first time I had been on the bike in daylight since the etape Lochness. Anyway, other than that a very non eventful start to the challenge. :okay:

Gibbo9

Veteran
Off the mark for 2022. I have set myself a target of 10,080km for this year (distance from my home in Taipei to my son's house in Manchester). Really not sure if it will be achievable as I am expecting a very busy year work wise but I'll give it a go.

First 2 rides posted on the challenge thread, both very straightforward river rides (I have to avoid hills on doctors orders until my health checks are complete). Nice to get out again after a few weeks of enforced rest. Looking forward to taking part in this again and as with last year, I will try to keep the photos interesting :laugh:

Always something interesting to see down by the riverside
59.jpg

Duck!
60.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I aim to get my Eddington over 50 miles this year and kicked off a 50km yesterday so I'm in. After escaping the puncture fairy for some considerable time we (me and the other half) had 3 between us in 2 days. On the 2nd out with another couple on a gentle 20miler she got a piece of glass embedded into her back tyre.

Luckily I had replaced spare tube and gas canister, as yesterday we turned down a country lane only to catch sight of the damn hedge cutting tractor. we took the opposite fork to him , but sure enough 3 miles later I could see my front was soft. got that changed only for the OH to say damn my front is soft too. Both had tiny fresh thorn ends embedded through them. i patched one of the tubes at the cafe stop so we at leat had a functioning spare tube for the way back, that we fortunately didn't need.

its that time of year.....

Top Bottom