The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Off the mark for January and 2022 with a local loop from home to Loughborough and back.
It’s nice to be back outdoors after a three month hiatus and back in the challenge after dropping out last year due to health issues.
8986ba02-fde6-4343-8a7c-3db3ac2e18bd-jpeg.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/ESqX78b5JDM

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So chuffed to get my first 50km of the year done and dusted today. I won’t post the map each time on the main thread, but it reminded me of the Loch Ness Monster, so thought that I would share.
I got back and bike bud fell asleep before I had cleaned my bike. We stopped for coffee at the Fur & Feathers, aka the Woodfords Brewery. It was supposed to be a hot choc but they make it with cows milk so that’s not happening. Hot milk, to me, is vile.
I have gym challenges to do this month, including 8 hours non gym time exercise. 2 hours 47 down then.

Willd

Veteran
I'll be having another go, doing 31.07 and 50 miles each month, aiming for 5 points on average a month. Also going to have a go at the 62.14 miles a month challenge, if they've finished arguing about the format of ride reports :rolleyes:. I'm running out of different places to go on the shorter rides, having covered most of the local roads, with the exception of Coventry, most of which isn't too appealing for some reason :whistle:

Last edited:
Also going to have a go at the 62.14 miles a month challenge, if they've finished arguing about the format of ride reports :rolleyes:
Hehe :laugh:
I often found that some on that thread seem to take things far too seriously so with 100km rides I just go after the strava gran fondo badge instead.
This challenge and chatzone (though no less strict with the rules) is much more laid back and enjoyable to post on I find. But enough about all that- Good luck with your challenges!

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
I'll be having another go, doing 31.07 and 50 miles each month, aiming for 5 points on average a month. Also going to have a go at the 62.14 miles a month challenge, if they've finished arguing about the format of ride reports :rolleyes:.
Hehe :laugh:
I often found that some on that thread seem to take things far too seriously so with 100km rides I just go after the strava gran fondo badge instead.
This challenge and chatzone (though no less strict with the rules) is much more laid back and enjoyable to post on I find. But enough about all that- Good luck with your challenges!
Well as I started the Metric Century thread for this year (as no-one else had got round to it and I had a ride to post!) I believe that gives me control of the rules for the year or something like that? In which case I'll state that I have no problems with whatever format you choose to post your rides on there in as long as you do post them; the others be damned!

Having said that, I'm not exactly a regular on the MCAM thread - I've only entered it three times and been successful just once, whereas I'm batting 6 for 6 on the Half Century (and it would have been 7 for 7 if I'd have only discovered this part of the forum a few months earlier).

Milkfloat

An Peanut
After missing out 2 months of the challenge last year, I am back in. It felt weird to miss last year for the first time in ages. As usual, I will only post one ride a month as I am lazy and cannot be bothered to type in all the details. Kicked off this afternoon with a race against sunset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom