The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
@geocycle you gain a star for each montly challenge you complete bronze for 50km ,silver for 100km and gold for 100 miles . some people choose to display them other dont bother its up to you .If you want one you could try to edit your signature and copy and paste a star or post the text required I suggest "bronze star" 50km challenge completed 2022 and post it here and tag @Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@13 rider @Pat "5mph" I’d wondered why some folk had those stars! Anyway, are there any instructions on how to add one?
Hi, Mod here ^_^
You can add the stars to your signature, after you have completed the year's challenge.
Signature settings are under the menu under your avatar picture.
Just copy and paste the relevant star from another member's signature.
Suggestion to those that have done the challenge for years and can't add more stars because the system says error: change the row of stars for (example) 5X (example, bronze star picture) years from (example) 2016 to 2020.
Anyone that finds difficulties in updating their stars, just tag me with a request, I will sort it.

December and ‘22 done 👍

I’d booked a couple of days off work initially to go out for a few drinks today and recover tomorrow, however illness and other last minute changes dwindled the group of 5 down to one (me) and so I figured that having not ridden outdoors for over a month I’d set out for a spin instead.
I’d plotted a route that would bag me not only a three pointer but also some straggly veloviewer tiles and after some early morning maintenance, set off around 0940 in what I can only describe as f**king Baltic weather! The low sun was right in my eye for the first 20 miles and it was difficult to navigate the icy roads, so I slowed up and persevered.

Stopped off at Lutterworth for a coffee and cake and had to get the server to double tap my phone to use Apple Pay! Half an hour later and just about thawed out I cracked on over the A5, into Warwickshire, picking up some more straggly tiles as I made my way towards Nuneaton. And yes, true to form, I still missed a couple! 🤦‍♂️🤣

Who knew Nuneaton was so bloody hilly? Those from Nuneaton I guess! 🤦‍♂️🤣
Typically the penultimate tile I had left there was on Tuttle hill, the other too far out of the way so another ride needed at some point. Dropped into Mancetter, back over the A5 and into Leicestershire where it was all too familiar roads back home, having done 68 miles and arriving back just before the mad school run!

Brutally cold but in a sadistic way I kind of liked it, I do really like the winter miles- so long as it’s not raining of course! Hopefully will get a few more points weather permitting and sign off December and 2022 in style! 🤞

68.1 in 4:33.

Scotland to come next year too!

Gibbo9

Veteran
At last... It has rained non stop since the last week of November. I was getting rather worried about not being able to complete as I head to the Philippines on holiday on Thursday. Fortunately the rain broke on Sunday so I got up and got out to get the final 50 in of this year. 60 points accumulated which is less than half of last year. A combination of increased workload and some appalling weather put paid to anything better.

Congrats to all who have now completed, great job. Special thanks to @13 rider for once again keeping us all in check. I look forward to catching up with you all again next year for some more cycling shenanigans.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Top Bottom