The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Made it! :hyper:
Owing to my recently being poorly (only a cold, but I felt quite rough for a few days), I made up a convoluted route that didn't go too far from home and had as few hills as I could manage in my new neck of the woods. Anyone watching the roads in Warcop or Soulby must have wondered why they saw me three times!
1671893639743.png

12 points this year. :blush:
Must do better next year. And also try to avoid always doing the flattest half century I can manage to plan!

Thanks to 13 Rider for keeping track of things and the occasional nag!

Here's a pic from near our new home (we're renting at the moment while looking for a place to retire in). I'm not a painter, this was faked via photoshop from a photo - but I did take the photo!

Christmas card 4.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well done @Spinney never in doubt was it ,Finisher no 23
Had a quick look on a map looks a lovely area I would imagine it can get quite climby close to home

aferris2

Guru
All done! And a ride with the most additional experiences so far this year. Visit from the fairy at 8km. Not too much of a problem as I have a spare tube and the pump always lives on the bike, only problem was the pump wouldn't! By pure chance I had stopped outside a scooter shop and they lent me their track pump so I was soon back on the ride.
Second, coming into the park in Chelmsford, people coming the other way said it was flooded. Well, it can't be that bad surely.... It did start off shallow and I unclipped one side thinking I would be able to work just the one side without getting wet. Didn't work. Ended up with the tops of the wheels just visible above the water.
Several other floods on the rest of the ride, but these were just puddles in comparison. Decided against going back across the blackwater canal as that's the usual flooding point and it's a long detour if I had to turn round.
Thanks to @13 rider for keeping us all on track, and congratulations to everyone taking part. Happy Christmas everyone, and see you all in the new year.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Just to point out I am aware we have 3 riders who have technically completed the challenge with rides over 100km which they have posted into the metric century challenge . There are no rules about cross posting rides but like me I believe they will like to do a separate 50km ride as well so I'm holding off declaring them as finished

steverob

Guru
Just to point out I am aware we have 3 riders who have technically completed the challenge with rides over 100km which they have posted into the metric century challenge . There are no rules about cross posting rides but like me I believe they will like to do a separate 50km ride as well so I'm holding off declaring them as finished
Yeah, it’s why I haven’t posted today’s ride in the Half Century thread, cause I didn’t want it counting towards the wrong challenge. Planning to do my 50km ride either on Boxing Day or possibly the 29th (the other day it’s currently looking dry).

Top Bottom