The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
And hopefully someone else will come along and post between now and the new year, so I won't be the final finisher for a third year in a row!

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
And hopefully someone else will come along and post between now and the new year, so I won't be the final finisher for a third year in a row!
Have just replaced you as the Lantern Rouge of this group!

Big thanks once again to 13 Rider - would have been easier to miss one of these but actually I'm proper chuffed I made it.

Proof I'm a competent cyclist and have maintained a level of fitness that will enable me to build upto some exciting new challenges tbc!

Comparison of 'first two keen years' on Strava (did approx another 250km each year on 100 short trips)
Rides Total Distance km Average time ridden hrs Av. distance
2022 87 3900 2 45
2021 135 4200 1.66 31

The year was skewed as I prepared for an event in Feb that I didn't do and Ride 100 at the end of May which I did.
I thus had 36 points for Jan-May(5 months) and only 25 for June-Dec. Still 61 points is a big increase IIRC on previous year, despite less distance.

Happy Cycling New Year everyone.

Domus

Guru
Not been out on the bike since December 2, put my back out later in the day, weather not been too appetising and have now got a streaming cold. Thank goodness I went out when I did. :okay:
Will call it done for 2022. Thanks for the organising and encouragement .

If health and weather permit I'm looking at a quick start on Jan 1. Watch this space (or one very much like it)

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Doing some general housekeeping and posting next year's threads and I've discovered my high tech paper tick list has failed ( user error) and I've missed a finisher so a belated well done to @Eribiste who's down as finisher 29 ( because I can't be bothered to go back and alter everyone's finish number) despite the the fact he finished on 4th of Dec
So despite me saying no nudge list this month ,I going to gentlely nudge the last 5 riders @cosmicbike ,@Sbudge ,@Milkfloat ,@tfc03 and @Cranky Knee Girl ( both Nov and Dec)

Last edited:
Top Bottom