The 8 o’clock nhs clapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Mod note:

Tricky note to write but here goes...

A couple of posts have been deleted as they are overtly of a political debate nature. Accepting that the issue is political, as well as medical, can we please ask posters to use common sense when posting and ask themselves the question as to whether or not the post should be made in one of the several NACA debate threads re Coronavirus (or even start a new one if one of the current threads does not fit with what you have to say).

Whilst there is no intention of suggesting that the Coronavirus pandemic is not a serious matter, CycleChat Cafe is really a conversational outlet for our members so please let's keep to this spirit in this thread.

If that's not possible then the thread will be moved to NACA which will in turn deny the non-NACA users of the membership their outlet for Coronavirus conversations.

Thanks in advance for helping on this one.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I suppose it's inevitable that the creation of independent autonomous NHS Trusts led to non medical staff having control with a proliferation of higher grades in the upper levels of management... bit like the universities' management expansion to spend the £9000pa student fees.

Milzy

Guru
I'm feeling pretty stressed out at the moment and I don't feel like clapping at my front door. I'm proud of the NHS particulary the front line. I just don't see why I should clap still 2 months on. When do we stop? Christmas? Next year? Two years?
The government are the blind leading the blind. I'm having a Corona Coaster down day as the future is looking bleak. People have got their heads buried in the sand because the garden centres are open, they're happy.
Who isn't clapping?

I’m not clapping, and haven’t throughout, not because I have no feelings of gratitude, but because I don’t see anyone locally who will receive my thanks. I share my appreciation directly with my colleagues who are making a difference to people at end of life, as that’s where I work.
I view the clapping at a front door quite vain and supercilious, unless there are people within earshot who are able to receive the thanks of those that do the clapping.
seeing people bang saucepans and the like aggravate me intensely.
I am pretty socially awkward though, and maybe a little “Bah, Humbug” naturally too.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I detected somewhat reduced enthusiasm and much anxious looking around tonight.

MarkF

Guru
I finished at 8 so I'd have been in the shower, it's all bollox to me, if I am working at 8 then I carry on doing so, I'd feel awkward stopping. I heard some medics last week in mental anguish and discussing whether they should just stand, or, clap themselves:wacko:. It'll end up with a few oiled folk clapping outside Wetherspoons eventually......

Milzy

Guru
If I don't go, the neighbors will wonder why. I'm fed up of putting on a front keeping up with the Joneses. If I was back in my previous neighborhood, half wouldn't do it and nobody would give a hoot.

Top Bottom