The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist by Arthur Conan Doyle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there no copyright on this?

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I love the stories, I think they're brilliant. He had such a clever imagination.

The Red-Headed League and The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk are a couple of my favourites. My sister got me the series with Jeremy Brett, so I'm looking forward to watching those. I think The Solitary Cyclist is included on it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I love the stories, I think they're brilliant. He had such a clever imagination.

The Red-Headed League and The Adventure of the Stockbroker's Clerk are a couple of my favourites. My sister got me the series with Jeremy Brett, so I'm looking forward to watching those. I think The Solitary Cyclist is included on it.

Having read and enjoyed the stories, especialky the red headed league I too enjoyed Brett's magnificant portrayal which was the Holmes of the book living and breathing. Sadly Brett was troubled by mental illness and a perhaps unhealthy or delusional obsession with Holmes. Hopefully in happier times he would have got some satisfaction from a great portrayal and the admiration of his audience.

(above edited in the light of wrong info in original)

We still hope the world will someday be ready fir the Giant Rat of Sumatra and that the Tale of the Politician, the Lighthouse and the Trained Cormorant will eventually be revealed

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The facts don't seem to support this. It seems he was obsessed with Holmes that led to a decline in health that led to heart failure. Tragic still, of course. A quick google can find no suggestion of your version.

I stand corrected but had read the account I wrongly repeated have edited my original post.

Top Bottom