The Annual Lunacy (aka "I Don't Do Winter") Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Prior to posting this in the actual challenge thread, you need to remove the 'although if someone ....' from point 7, or change it to finish with '.... in the chatzone thread'.
Okay, I have simply provided the icon! I don't think it really matters exactly what it looks like and it is distinctive.

I'm largely indifferent on the chatzone thread question but I'd roll it over if it was my choice.
Same here. Let's just roll this thread over from year to year.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm just saying the instructions should be to provide any icon suggestions in the chatzone thread, not 'below' in the challenge thread. I think the icon you've suggested is pretty good.
I realised that - I just thought it wasn't really worth having a big discussion about it and made an 'executive decision'! :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I just created the rides thread. I will be distracted for the next week of the 'Festering Season' and wanted to make sure that the challenge was up and running on New Year's Day, even though most of us probably won't be doing qualifying rides for a month or two after that!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

As founder of the Challenge, I hereby grab the first entry ...

In 2019, I intend to do at least 13 days of riding each covering at least 161 kms**!

(** I am really thinking of imperial centuries, but an imperial century is about 160.9 kms. I measure my rides in kms so I might as well leave them in kms. Also, sneakily... it will be easier to improve on km targets a km at a time than imperial targets a mile at a time! :okay:)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
No idea if I'm going to do this one, but I've made the 2019 Lunacy Challenge thread a sticky so it's easily found:okay:

bluenotebob

Veteran
I think I've understood this … in 2018 my 13 longest rides spanned 67.30km to 122.67km (between February and November).

So for 2019, my challenge target for the 13 longest rides should be 68km? perhaps I should be braver and go for 70km ..

If someone could please confirm that I'm correct (sometime between now and the end of January), then I'll have a go at this ... it's more achievable than doing a ride every calendar month here, and risking icy surfaces, particularly in January.

Merry Christmas

So for 2019, my challenge target for the 13 longest rides should be 68km? perhaps I should be braver and go for 70km ..

Correct. At least, that's the correct principle. Whatever is a worthwhile challenge for you is the number to pick - achievable, but not a foregone conclusion. No need to start by the end of January though. The full set of guidelines is in the first post in the challenge thread.

Top Bottom