The baby countdown starts now...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I've a feeling FM is about to tell us about the most overwhelming experience of his life...it certainly was for me...looking foward to swopping emotional-philosophical impressions of the devine sacredness of life...:thumbsup::eek:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
SO glad that's over and done with. Send FM our love., Kirstie if you do hear from him again.

wafflycat

Kirstie said:
Well labour has officially started, apparently, after a long night of oxytosin (that's what they use, right?) induced contractions. I don't think I'll be hearing from him for a while now.

Oxytocin. It's the hormone that causes the uterus to contract. I feel for MrsFM - I had to be induced all those years ago for WCMnr's birth.

*painful memories of induced labour*

*nibbles fingernails to the quick waiting*

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
All positive thoughts to Mrs. & Mr. FM.
I have been present at three births, one induced, one home birth and a cesarian after 40+ hours of labour and I still get the 'jangles' when I hear about the experiences of others.

Kirstie said:
Will do!
OK so I just heard from him again - apparently it wasn't oxytosin but something else. She's about to get that next...anyway...

Love from cyclechat duly dispensed.

They were going to use Prostaglandin on my OH for our first, but she started on her own before they got the chance. It could be this.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Syntocinon? They used that with me but I was epiduraled up to the hip and felt nothing.

I'm so excited...

My 10 week old granddaughter is led in front of me on her changing mat. The only thing better than having kids is having grand kids :biggrin:. I'm so much more chilled about her than I was about her mum. The best thing is you get to hand them back :ohmy:

Good luck on the birth anyway FM :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
This must get you on edge, we were lucky, from parking at hospital, with wife, to baby in my arms took, 96 minutes for the first, 48 minutes for the second and 96 minutes for the third.

Keep us posted Kirstie

Top Bottom