The bakers' thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I was given a baguette tray by Lisa’s parents for Christmas...

sourdough baguettes.....!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Somewhere upthread there is a recipe for an All Bran loaf. Which has AB obviously plus mixed fruit,sugar,flour and milk. I can never resist experimenting with variations so instead of milk and sugar I bunged in a tin of condensed milk with water. Result is rather good to taste. I make a couple of small ones and one larger as I sometimes give them away to friends after tasting to make sure they are ok. Trying to stop gaining weight. This one of the smaller ones.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Does anyone have a good recipe for malt loaf? As similar as possible as the classic Soreen loaf but without the palm fat.

Any old tried and tested family favourites?

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I made some sourdough yesterday. It went in the fridge over night In a well floured banneton.

When I tried to get it onto the pizza stone it was super sticky, stuck in the banneton. With a molten stone and a gooey, gluey dough I got a bit flustered!

Anyway, here’s the result. Just had it with Camembert, tastes amazing!

Maybe do the bulk ferment overnight instead? Then the proof at room temp. Less chance of sticky dough getting stuck. ;)

DAMHIKT... :whistle:

CharlesF

Guru
I made some sourdough yesterday. It went in the fridge over night In a well floured banneton.

When I tried to get it onto the pizza stone it was super sticky, stuck in the banneton. With a molten stone and a gooey, gluey dough I got a bit flustered!

Anyway, here’s the result. Just had it with Camembert, tastes amazing!

View attachment 502973
I can taste that from here, looks perfect. Toast and marmalade from breakfast.

Top Bottom