The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
On the rough track I did this afternoon I used a Strat, but assuming we eventually do it properly then I'll likely use my Tele. It's just at the back of the cupboard at the moment, and I have so much junk in front of it, it was impractical to get it out.

Last edited:

iandg

Legendary Member
Got guitar storage sorted in the man-cave at the new place today :rolleyes:

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 14.46.28.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 14.46.40.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-14 at 14.46.50.jpg

DRM

Guru
I had a delivery this morning of a Behringer FX600 Multi Effects pedal, so I’ve been having a play with that this evening
1671312087490.jpeg

It was a B Stock item from Thomann, not that you can tell, it’s immaculate and works perfectly, for £31 it was a no brainer, along with some other bits and pieces so that the postage wasn’t too bad, it sounds really good for the money, along with the Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini the kids got me for my birthday, makes such a difference to the tones out of the amp

DRM

Guru
I have had the use of a Tanglewood Les Paul copy, it’s about 20 years old that was an Xmas gift for my son back then, the tuning stability was awful, so I fitted some replacement tuners, £15.90 from Vanson, the old ones were dreadful, so wobbly on the peg bit with loads of backlash, replacements absolutely solid, new D’Addarrio strings and it’s rock solid now, not bad parts for the cost

DRM

Guru
Always fancied one of them, just as a change from my Yamaha Pacifica which i don't play much anyway, go to is a Tanglewood Odyssey. I really like the sound of LP's.

It wasn’t very expensive iirc when bought, it was in a starter bundle with an amp and lead, the amp died & his heart wasn’t really in learning to play so it’s been stood from being about a year old, it’s not a fancy thing as it has a bolt on neck, but after a good set up, it plays and sounds really nice, the fingerboard has had a couple of doses of lemon oil as it was really dried out, it’s a nice guitar considering it was in a starter pack, though I’ve seen good reports on the Chibson LP copies, it’s just a risk spend £180 or so from something on AliExpress

Top Bottom