The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Monday 20th

Gretsch G5655 (l think?)

Gear 4 Music
Clifton Trading Estate
York

This had a gorgeous finish

0C3986A8-ED04-49FC-9E5D-BFA227C01A09.jpeg

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-a...QM-Electromatic-CB-Jr-w--Bigsby-Speyside/5E3P

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
G4M have a decent rep.

I don’t know how Gretsch do it, their prices really aren’t bad, when you compare them to a Gibson ES335 hollow body for example £2,699 v £829 for the Gretsch, that‘s certainly one lovely looking instrument, Bigsby trem too, there’s about £150 in that alone
https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-a...MI0qL3xZfr_QIVje3tCh0J7wRAEAQYASABEgIWWPD_BwE
It’s one of the smaller/thinner bodies than the ‘6120’ series, they're in the region of £2,000 - £3,000

I like the natural/‘blonde’ E335, it’s very Dave Edmunds!!!

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I finally got round to putting a new nut on my steel string. It was a RH guitar which has been strung LH and that threw up the inevitable intonation issues. In 2020 i paid a guy to recut the saddle slot to sort out the intonation, which was better but certainly not anywhere near perfect. He also offered to make a new nut (it was the old RH nut, badly carved to take the upside down strings) but at £50 just for a nut, i declined. Bought a cheap plastic nut for a few quid and spent a couple of hours grinding it down the get the action in the right ball park and now the intonation is as good as it'll ever be i reckon. It's so much nicer to play :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
do you guys know what I might get for my Yamaha Pacifica? Never play it these days as stick to the Tanglewood Odyssey. It's in top nick.
View attachment 682772
Which one is that? There seems to be a very wide range of prices depending on which model it is.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was searching for the famous John Williams version of Asturias (Leyenda), but I liked this alternative performance...

Wind back to the beginning and whack the subtitles on (unless you speak Spanish) for an interesting discussion about the piece.

50 years ago I used to dream about playing that piece but it is obviously never going to happen now!

Top Bottom