The Bassist and Guitarist thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What pick ups did you use?
Sorry i missed this question.
A friend recommended Warman and their prices were palatable so went with those. About £16 i think. I also got the pots and knobs from them and was about £27 in total for the electrics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I love crimbo and new year gigs, but our singist is a director for a large well know retailer and has had a really busy year at work thus far. He wants a bit of his spare time back before the 2024 onslaught.

As well as my own band I dep for Turbine 9 and The Queen Of Spains Beard so might get another gig or two if someone is ill, on holiday, or booked a submersible tour of the Titanic.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You lucky blighter! I always wanted one of those back in the day and they're quite pricey these days unless you go for a Behringer clone.

There's a lot of silly prices being asked (£1200+) and they don't seem to sell for more than a grand and those tend to have the keytar handle add-on. I reckon 7-800 is a realistic price for just a 101.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_20230624_110500.jpg

A nineteen year old Jimi Hendrix.

icowden

Veteran
There's a lot of silly prices being asked (£1200+) and they don't seem to sell for more than a grand and those tend to have the keytar handle add-on. I reckon 7-800 is a realistic price for just a 101.
It is amazing how keyboard / synths retain value. I use a Korg Triton Extreme that my better half splurged for back in 2004 - so nearly 20 years old. I had a look on ebay recently for the optional EXB_MOSS board as I thought it might be fun to get one for the extra features and sounds. They are still going for £400-£600 or so whereas the triton itself between £660 (auction) and £1200 (buy it now).

winjim

Smash the cistern
OK so we're definitely getting away from guitar now but I can't have this thing standing idle. I've nailed a few Taylor Swift songs to play to my daughter so I'm moving on. I'm very rusty so this could take a while although I do need to return to practising the guitar at some point or I'll lose all the progress I've made over the last year or so.

20230630_224519.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Picked up up this Yamaha RBX 170 off the equivalent here of Gumtree for £60. Loads of Fender basses on offer but all are fakes and five string. Apparently came from the US. The machine heads were rubbish and one was broken so I replaced them with some Gotoh ones I had from another bass which had a twisted neck. Remaining holes were filled with cocktail sticks.
Makes a change from my P bass and the 40mm nut suits me well, tone gives a few variations. Neck needed adjustment and fret ends are a bit sharp which I will deal with. All in all a nice instrument for little money.

IMG_20230701_100905.jpg

IMG_20230701_101504.jpg

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
OK so we're definitely getting away from guitar now but I can't have this thing standing idle. I've nailed a few Taylor Swift songs to play to my daughter so I'm moving on.
Nice. I've been relearning how to program the Korg this afternoon. Managed to make some sample patches for Footloose and Hungry Like the wolf (not sure the latter will work as we are not playing with a drum machine...)

Top Bottom