The Beano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
£2 bloody 50p!!!!!! Just bought it for my 8yr old as he is off school sick.I must be getting old !comics were a cheap treat when i was a kid

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
B):ohmy:
I used to get The Dandy, and im sure that was under £1 when i was getting it, 40 something p? That wasnt that long ago either, im only 17:wacko:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I actually work with Plug from Bash Street Kids. He got a job at our place when he grew up.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Viz is £3, much batter value, I'd get him started on that early....

Buster was always better anyway!

£2.50 seems a lot of money for a comic. Does the new Beano have more pages than the ones I read in the early 60's? We have about 30 Beano annuals in the loft - some mine, some my sons, some we've acquired from other people. At one time, he was trying to assemble a complete set.

Tried the Dandy (and have memories of war stories in my brother's Valiant), but Beano was the one I stuck with.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Whilst back in London I was amazed to see that Commando comic still seem to be going strong. great stuff!

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
beanzontoast said:
£2.50 seems a lot of money for a comic. Does the new Beano have more pages than the ones I read in the early 60's? We have about 30 Beano annuals in the loft - some mine, some my sons, some we've acquired from other people. At one time, he was trying to assemble a complete set.

Tried the Dandy (and have memories of war stories in my brother's Valiant), but Beano was the one I stuck with.

its now glossy paper,I was looking forward to having a quick read myself but it's rubbish now.

Saddle bum

Über Member
IIRC, and that's very marginal nowadays, Beano and Dandy were 2d each in the 1950's. Could even have been 1-1/2d, but mum bought them, bless 'er.

Top Bottom