The beast is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
It's supposed to be Reading Half Marathon tomorrow, but the snow is coming in sideways. None of it is settling on the roads as yet, but I have a feeling it will be cancelled.

Yep, cancelled.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Three to four inches in the last few hours. Fine and powdery, with the wind blowing it about a bit.

Visibility reduced to less than 40 yards, at the time of editing.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Nuts, I have to drive over to Buxton for a job on Sunday :s

Not sure where you're driving from but check the road closures

Here in nearby Glossop I think one road out of the town is still open, all others blocked by snow. Not masses of snow (but a fair bit forecast today) but v strong winds make keeping the roads clear almost impossible

We are stuck on our hill chez N today for sure

Slick

Guru
Can't believe it. Despite living outside the warning area, it's white here again today. It's not much but it's starting to get beyond the pale now.:cursing:

irw

Quadricyclist
Not sure where you're driving from but check the road closures

Here in nearby Glossop I think one road out of the town is still open, all others blocked by snow. Not masses of snow (but a fair bit forecast today) but v strong winds make keeping the roads clear almost impossible

We are stuck on our hill chez N today for sure

Thanks for that- I’ve just woken up to a message from the concert organiser saying they may postpone it, waiting on tenterhooks!

gavgav

Guru
4 inches of snow in Shrewsbury overnight. Seriously had enough of it now!! Another weekend with no cycling. Already 200 miles down on this time last year and with no free weekends before the end of the end of the month I am not sure what I am going to do about the Half Century a month Challenge Ride.

8F924B9D-0D64-4BD7-A05A-EAEDD27CE578.jpeg

Top Bottom