The beauty in the everyday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Lovely shall hunt it down next time I'm over..thanks ..

Been too long since I was in Ireland..

And never yet in the North 🤔

This year is already (over)booked for trips, but I can feel an excursion westwards coming on next year..

Fantastic country..And people*.. 💚💜

*Sure there are some stinkers, like anywhere, but I've not met one yet...

Used to do a lot of hitchhiking there, and people were always up for giving a ride, in return for a chat.

Happy days 🙂

We don't get too many tourists around here but there is actually a lot to see and do and it's not remotely touristy but shhhh, keep that to yourself and leave the tourists to sit in a traffic jam in Killarney!

Feel free to PM me if you ever make to these parts.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We don't get too many tourists around here but there is actually a lot to see and do and it's not remotely touristy but shhhh, keep that to yourself and leave the tourists to sit in a traffic jam in Killarney!

Feel free to PM me if you ever make to these parts.

I'm sure there is lots, so much history and landscape, in a small island..

And you can't beat a bit of local knowledge, so thanks for the Intel offer..:okay:

Don't worry, I won't tell another soul :angel:

I have to confess a weakness for Cork and Kerry, my fave was probs the Beara Peninsular.

I do seem to recall hitching out of Killarney was one of few places that was tricky..

Really busy roads aren't actually the best for getting a ride, esp with lots of tourists looking at you like you've got two heads, for asking for a lift..

Next time though, I'll probs bring a bike on the ferry , and be all 'respectable lady cycle tourist' :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
I love the West of Cork myself and would like to ride the ring of Beara again and also take the cable car to Dursey Island but it is probably the most inaccessible part of the country from where I live.

The only thing that spoils the North of the country from a cyclist point of view is that there is a definite car culture and lot of speeding and self-entitled drivers, even on very minor roads sometimes. You just won't get that further south to the same extent.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_20220516_093650.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Don't stare at the sun...

IMG_20220602_144014.jpg

Top Bottom