The best footballer ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Hey GW - I didn't realise you were another city fan.

Citybabe is too obviously.

Maybe we should form a club and cycle to games! There's a big game a few weeks before the end of the season at Portsmouth - could be a decider. I live a 15 minute train ride away - and citybabe may be interested in coming down - if you fancy it I have plenty of spare room in my house for Canaries! A Norwich cycling possie would be cool!

Bit disappointed we didn't beat Palace today - but still amazed by our overall performance. Lambert really is a great manager and I hope he stays until we get back to the Prem.

OTBC!

Yes proud City fan here- I was a Lower Barclay boy for many years. Somehow since getting married I don't seem to get along to so many games these days!
Cycling to games sounds like a fine idea. I used to bike to Carrow Road all the time. I'll let you know if I can get along to the Pompey game, that's one of the few grounds I've yet to visit.
We never get anything down at Palace so I was happy with the draw- still can't quite believe they beat us at home.

mangaman

Yes proud City fan here- I was a Lower Barclay boy for many years. Somehow since getting married I don't seem to get along to so many games these days!
Cycling to games sounds like a fine idea. I used to bike to Carrow Road all the time. I'll let you know if I can get along to the Pompey game, that's one of the few grounds I've yet to visit.
We never get anything down at Palace so I was happy with the draw- still can't quite believe they beat us at home.

Hi GW - I agee a point at Palace wasn;t too bad.

Let me know if you can get to the Pompey game - it could be a "six-pointer"!

Also I would suggest PMing citybabe - she is a season ticket holder and a green and yellow through and through. She seems to go every week - and is a font of knowledge if you want to know who's playing well etc.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The best player I've seen has to be Maradonna. The second best IMO was Lothar Mathaeus. The best British player I've seen was probably
Kenny Dalgleish.

mangaman

That Kevin Beattie was some player Mangaman - did he play for Norwich?:biggrin:

Now be careful rich.

Things could turn nasty - and I've got citybabe and Glow Worm to hide behind.

No scummy Ipswich fans admitting to it.

BTW if you're a Brighton fan - thanks for selling us Andrew Crofts - a really top player.

I hope Brighton sort themselves off the pitch as well as they are on it.

Do you know if they are likely to move to a new stadium?

(If you're not a Brighton fan - ignore the above - although I remember thinking you were) :whistle:

Best player I saw live was le tissier.
I was in Guernsey years later and the story there
Was that his brothers were even better
but even lazier.
Enjoyed watching some of lee trundles tricks
On telly and YouTube...had he lived in another country
I'm sure he would have made a great player..but I feel
Coaching systems in UK take all creativity out of a player.
For me best player was Brady...closely followed by
Oh ah Paul mc grath..

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Absolutly detest football but as players go i like Cantona for some strange reason,don't know why but he seems to come across as a top bloke....other than that it's still a boring as hell sport !!!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Has anyone put in a nomination for Ray Houghton yet? Apart from this goal

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXauYVy_dws[/media]

there is just the simple workrate and reading of the game, which actually this goal is an example of. Whenever I watched him play for Palace he spent near enough the whole game in space and within an easy pass for every team mate who was in possession and looking for somewhere to lay the ball off.

True, he was a real hard worker, a big part of Liverpool and Ireland's success.

Best player I saw live was le tissier.
I was in Guernsey years later and the story there
Was that his brothers were even better
but even lazier.
Enjoyed watching some of lee trundles tricks
On telly and YouTube...had he lived in another country
I'm sure he would have made a great player..but I feel
Coaching systems in UK take all creativity out of a player.
For me best player was Brady...closely followed by
Oh ah Paul mc grath..

Le Tissier was an incredible player. They might as well have renamed the Goal of the Month the Matt Le Tissier Goal of the Month competition for a while in the 80s and 90s. Still, he couldn't even keep his place in the Southampton side.

mangaman

Could you not see it from your post for the Martlets' ride? Its a sort of New Wembley copy being built at Falmer.

Naturally I was watching for the safety of the riders, like a hawk- constantly, and continuously tinkering with "Mangaman corner" to ensure it was a beautiful cycling experience for everyone.

Otherwiae I would have seen it - is it really going to be built. Brighton (and of course) Hove Albion could be a force in English football. I reckon they have the support base if they had a ground.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Now be careful rich.

Things could turn nasty - and I've got citybabe and Glow Worm to hide behind.

No scummy Ipswich fans admitting to it.

BTW if you're a Brighton fan - thanks for selling us Andrew Crofts - a really top player.

I hope Brighton sort themselves off the pitch as well as they are on it.

Do you know if they are likely to move to a new stadium?

(If you're not a Brighton fan - ignore the above - although I remember thinking you were) :whistle:

Okay, okay, I give in. I'm outnumbered and citybabe may have some big brothers - not that I'm suggesting she might even be married to one of them :ohmy:

Croft's Original talent! Maybe that's what Delia was slurping that infamous occasion! :biggrin:

Here's a piccie of the new stadium I took a couple of weeks ago, nestling in the Downs which resulted in a huge anti-campaign. Due to open in time for next season, as Adrian says

P1020071.jpg

Top Bottom