the best gig you ever went to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happiness Stan

Live Aid, London somewhere, 1985. Hopefully don't have to explain why.

Jesus and Mary Chain, Rock City, Nottm 1996 (see also same entry for 'Worst Gig Ever' posts) 30 minutes of bad tempered feedback and fighting. Marvellous

A North Carolinian folk duo I can't even remember the name of, UNC Chapel Hill 1992. Played three songs that made me weep. Still get shivers thinking about it now.

George Winston, UNC Chapel Hill 1993. The only musical genius I've ever seen with the exception maybe of Brian Wilson

Primal Scream, Octogon, Sheffield 1994. Very very stoned. So was everyone else. Lovely.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bauldbairn said:
:angry: - :ohmy: Strangely I'm a fan and have always regretted never seeing them in concert in their hayday. Never knew any other fans to drag along. Saw the Live in Orange video years ago(was that really 1986 - just Googled it) and they looked amazing.;)

Tee Hee - I'm in that vid.... an amazing gig/tour.

The tough question for the long standing Cure fan these days is which of the heydays is the best. I was all ready for them to be past their sell by date and then they came out with 4:13 Dream which is, imo, a work of true genius and the equal of anything they've ever done.

Calum

Manic Street Preachers - Live at Cardiff Arena in 2007. I Had a tear in my eye when they opened with Motorcycle Emptiness.

ChrisKH

Guru
Rush - Signals Tour Wembley Arena. Front row. (But don't tell FM) 1982 or 1983.

Genesis - Drury Lane; must have been 1980. Then front row, same band, at Earls Court 1991 or 1992.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
GregCollins said:
The tough question for the long standing Cure fan these days is which of the heydays is the best. I was all ready for them to be past their sell by date and then they came out with 4:13 Dream which is, imo, a work of true genius and the equal of anything they've ever done.

I went to see them on the Faith tour in about 1980 (?) - even met them before the gig and they signed the LP for me :smile: - got it in the garage somewhere. Never really bonded with that album or any others since, I think their first one was their best.

Top Bottom