the best gig you ever went to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion at Koko's in Camden Town, 2005.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Led Zepplin, Knebworth 1978. The first weekend with allegedly 170,000 people present.

I don't anticipate anything equalling the experience.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
saw them on the same tour in London. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Had ticket for Wembley a couple of weeks back but had to sell the ticket on.

cyberknight said:
Only ever been to 1 concert

Rammstein at birmingham NEC for the reise reise tour .

bonk man

vernon said:
Led Zepplin, Knebworth 1978. The first weekend with allegedly 170,000 people present.

I don't anticipate anything equalling the experience.

1979.... I was there and obviously not as out of it as you :wacko: , possibly my favourite gig as well... and also my first...
that and Stonehenge 1984 if we are talking month long festivals, cycled there and cycled back [ on LSD :biggrin: ] , played about 10 sets with my band and was ripped to hell when Hawkwind played,

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML8UGVOvYt4

:ohmy: the Hawkwind gig is on youtube as well, I am at the front of the stage smoking a big spliff.... :smile:

rh100

jay clock said:
Queen - last ever gig, at Knebworth, with St Freddie on top form

You lucky so and so.

I've been to several good one's, for large venues it was probably Leonard Cohen or REM or Coldplay (in the early days), Jean Michel Jarre. And even though I'm not a massive fan, Jamiroquai put on a good show.

For smaller venues, then Tori Amos, Waterboys, Joan Baez and even The Proclaimers - all are good performers and value for money.

Wolf04

Been to many excellent gigs, Richard Thompson at the Sage Gateshead with Danny Thompson accompanying him was memorable. The best was almost certainly Alejandro Escovedo and his string quintet at the Cluny Newcastle. Never let it be said that a string quintet can't rock.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Osibisa at Ronnie Scott's, about 1971. Quite incredible. It cost a poor schoolboy an absolute fortune to buy a ticket but it was worth every penny, even though I had to eke out half a pint of lager for two hours.

Dave5N

Über Member
Bhundu Boys, SWIHE, without a doubt

Levellers supported by Manic St Preachers back in 89 or 90 was a pretty good night.

Jam, Specials back in 81 were both frightening. Glad I was there though.

Oh, and strangely, Bowie on the Serious Moonlight tour.

bauldbairn

Does'nt even include some of my favourite bands. Will have to be a top 10 I'm afraid - in no particular order.

Big Country, Edinburgh Playhouse New Year's eve 1983(ish).
The Cult, Glasgow Barrowlands 1985ish.
Beautiful South(surprisingly), Glasgow Barrowlands 1988ish.
The Prisoners at Subterania, Ladbroke Grove, London, 1988ish.(mental)
Inspiral Carpets at SECC(venue I hate)1990ish(at their peak!).
Swervedriver at the old Cathouse Glasgow 1990ish(lost hearing for a week).
U2(not a fan but good event), Parkhead, Glasgow 1991 with PJ Harvey and Utah Saints.
Radiohead, Glasgow Barrowlands 1995ish(got offered £100 for my ticket).
Skunk Anansie, Glasgow Garage 1995ish.
The Verve, Glasgow Barrowlands 1997ish.

Top Bottom