The bicycle zenith

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Mine broke, but this bit will still come in useful, won't it?
IMG_20240430_100327.jpg

Mine broke, but this bit will still come in useful, won't it?

Maybe if you need to put a badger out of its misery.

Sharky

Guru
Only be useful for mudguard stays on my bike

Haven't used mudguards for quite a while. Since retirement, I can be picky and avoid the rain.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Twenty years ago people were proclaiming that the bicycle reached it's development zenith in the sixties. Ten years ago it was the seventies, now apparently it is the eighties.

Sounds to me suspiciously like this movable zenith coincides with the proclaimers youth, when they were fit and enthusiastic about this sport they'd got into and they now sit dreaming of a perfect world that has been spoiled by all this new fangled stuff people are stupid enough to buy into.

DogmaStu

And in years to come when the firmware is unsupported and your shiny new computer doesn't run a suitably retrograde version of windows?

Don't scoff, it's already happened to very early systems.

In 5 decades time you'll still be able to tweak and adjust a cable without any problem.

Not every step forward is progress.

Do you think not being able to update to a newer firmware makes a component suddenly stop working?

Do you imagine I'll still be riding my current bikes in 5 decades time? I'll be long buried!

DogmaStu

My view is that of a software engineer. Your statement is silly, but your imagination is running wild!

What a daft response!

Do you think that telling the internet you are a software engineer makes you an expert on these particular components?

As I wrote, typical attitude and thought-processes from those who have ZERO actual experience with something but feel the need to diminish it anyway. Why is that?

If I can't afford to buy a certain something, or simply don't see a need for the added expense for my own use case, I don't go about trying to justify this by belittling the thing - I'm happy to accept from those who have years of extensive use of said thing that it works and is a positive evolution of the version I may have.

Weird how some folks have to defend their views by making silly comments and casting dispersions about things they have never owned!

Last edited:
Top Bottom