The big biscuit debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Aldi Ginger nuts for me , because they have more ginger in them imho . + you get about 3 or 4 packets for the cost of Mcv nuts.
So Aldi are the muts nuts for me . Far more dunking for your money.

grldtnr

mrs optic makes the bickies in this household. If I had to go and buy some then Hobnobs with choccie. Mind you, this thread made me think…

choccie Ginger Hobnobs 😃
As long as they are dark chocco ginger nuts, then your talking !
Mind you sadly ,in am off limits to an endless supply of biccies of any kind, being type 2 Diabetic,.
Off subject mind, but the occasional cream eclair is allowed, but you can't dunk them, or you shouldn't!

Hobnobs... Bleurgh. Likewise ginger nuts.

Best dunkers - speculoos

I bake my own, but failing that, the Lotus ones, or the own brand ones from Aldi are reasonably decent.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hobnobs - dry or (black coffee) dunked, simply...

I can't hear this song without being transported back to Ewood in 94/95 when Shearer fired us to being Premiership Champions. Played every time he scored and/or we won. Sorry!

Yes, Hobnobs #1 dark chocolate #2 plain #3 milk chocolate

@Dave7 surprised a man of your life experience had never eaten a Hobnob before. Aldi ginger nuts are truly excellent, very gingery.

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Hob nobs. More dunkable.

Ginger biccies wimp out after a few dunks. :laugh:

God I miss choccie Hob Nobs. Can't get them here. I need a food parcel. Soreen Malt Loaf and choccie Hob Nobs. :laugh:

markemark

Über Member
Hobnobs aren’t biscuits. They’re just stupid things in the shape of biscuits.

Honestly

What a load of ********

it is CLEAR that the best for black coffee (the only kind - people who drink it with milk should be rounded up and shot) is a ginger nut

but for proper dunking you need decent (i.e. strong) tea and a hobnob
a digestive (no chocolate) can be used in emergencies

The level of peril if part of the journey and perfecting the correct time but maintaining the exact level of texture in the biscuit is an art any Real Man needs to perfect
(I have no idea about women - as my wife can confirm)

Right - that's that sorted - you can close teh thread now

P.s. dunking a Mars bar is to perverts
Knew someone who did that - he came to a bad end - vicar in a public school :eek:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The finest scientific minds of the country previously identified the Custard Cream as the best dunker.

They're not my favourite, but who are we to disregard science?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Aldi Ginger nuts for me , because they have more ginger in them imho . + you get about 3 or 4 packets for the cost of Mcv nuts.
So Aldi are the muts nuts for me . Far more dunking for your money.
I think the opposite... they're undergingered compared to McV's.

Don't tell my boss i said this but even Lidl's ginger biscuits are better than Aldi's.

Top Bottom