The big biscuit debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just had my first 2 hobnobs. No tea so I didn't dunk........but they were nice.
I will try the dunk test tomorrow.

I’m a lover of nearly all biscuits, dunked or otherwise, but there’s only one winner:

3C213ED1-62BE-4E35-B843-BD2CC39641AC.jpeg

bagpuss

Guru
Rich tea biscuits anyone? I find them about as interesting as eating cardboard .

tyred

Legendary Member
Rich tea biscuits anyone? I find them about as interesting as eating cardboard .
They remind me of visiting my great aunt when I was much younger and I always got two rich tea biscuits and a glass of milk.

I believe she bought them as there were more in a packet than any other biscuits and she was always very frugal with money.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have a reliable oat biscuit recipe which gets modified a lot to include various flavours:
  • cinnamon or mixed spice
  • ginger (ground and finely-diced stem)
  • apple
  • raisin
  • chocolate (bulk and/or chip)
  • lemon/orange/lime zest
None of them are good dunkers mind and, oddly, the ginger version tends to come out more 'robust'.

For packeted goods, I'm pretty good on any and all of them, from the lowly Rich Tea, through the Nice, Arrowroot, Malted Milk, Ginger Nut to the Hob Nob, Abbey Crunch, Bourbon, Custard Cream and such rare delights as the Lemon Puff and the daddy of them all, the plain chocolate digestive (McVitie's only though). Never came across a biscuit I wouldn't eat.

Hmmm, two years ago, when people were panic buying, the only biscuits I could get in Tesco here were rhubarb custard creams and chocolate chip digestives.

I only bought the rhubarb custard creams once. They are really not very nice.

OTOH the chocolate chip digestives, which I had ignored up until then, are actually very nice, and ergo are a regular visitor to my biscuit barrel. I generally like to go round the houses when it comes to biscuits.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
McVities ginger bickies
Vs
McViities Hobnobs

I am a ginger bickie person myself but the shop had none so I bought hobnobs which I have never tried before.
Burning question is....will they dunk like gingers do.

Over to you.

Ginger Nuts are the best!

Although Hobnobs have a place in mine and Mrs SD's hearts due to some early doors romantic associations. ❤️😁

Top Bottom