The biggest dangers on the urban commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The biggest problem on the urban commutes is those bloody urbanites. What the hell are they doing in the urban areas, anyway!? :angry: :boxing: :gun: :ninja:
Being urbane.

Maenchi

StoneDog
The drivers who shout' there is a cycle path' whilst hanging close out of car windows, cycle paths and roads obscured by field mud ,taxi drivers ,trendy young 'uns in customised cars, tourists from 'up country' who drive like they do at home and not like they are on holiday, drivers who overtake at the top of a hill then crawl down the hill in front of me. On the other side, bus drivers and large articulated lorry drivers are the best, most polite drivers around here. Compared to Sheffield it's a dream...............:bicycle:............:okay:.....

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The Home Counties?

You know, I've heard the term but honestly have no idea where they are or why they're called that. Are there Away Counties somewhere?

I am alert to most dangers but the one that always takes me by surprise is an overtake from a van or car towing a trailer. Sometimes they are wider than the vehicle, sometimes I want to reclaim the primary position after the overtake.

Top Bottom