The biggest dangers on the urban commute

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by bonker, 15 Feb 2018.

1. I live in Utopia. Its in Southern Denmark.

But we still have some cyclists who cause more problems than cars around here.

Maverick Goose likes this.
  2. Hop3y

Hop3y Padiham Commuter

Canal walkers who see you a mile off and purposefully block the towpath so you need to stop.

3. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Being urbane.

Drago likes this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

As you slowly approach you should should in a panicky voice "my brakes have failed!!!! Aaarrrggghhhhh"

tyred likes this.
  5. Hop3y

Hop3y Padiham Commuter

I usually ring the bell and shout "excuse me" - they then block the path. On purpose.

6. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

The drivers who shout' there is a cycle path' whilst hanging close out of car windows, cycle paths and roads obscured by field mud ,taxi drivers ,trendy young 'uns in customised cars, tourists from 'up country' who drive like they do at home and not like they are on holiday, drivers who overtake at the top of a hill then crawl down the hill in front of me. On the other side, bus drivers and large articulated lorry drivers are the best, most polite drivers around here. Compared to Sheffield it's a dream...............:bicycle:............:okay:.....

classic33 and Maverick Goose like this.
  7. This week I have been nearly taken off twice by cyclist and not at all by motorists and so this week cyclists were my biggest problem.

8. The Home Counties?

9. BoldonLad

BoldonLad Über Member

On cycle tracks / shared paths, dog walkers with dogs on extending leads, plus, their attendant dog c**p. On the road, everybody else!

Maverick Goose likes this.
  10. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

You know, I've heard the term but honestly have no idea where they are or why they're called that. Are there Away Counties somewhere?

classic33 and mjr like this.
  11. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

Never thought I'd ever envy an Englishman.

12. Home Counties

Away Counties sounds horrific, so probably around Manchester.

classic33 and glasgowcyclist like this.
  13. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

At least I now know where they are, thanks.

They look like the sort of places where those greedy sods in Parliament would live so maybe they ought to be called the 2nd Home Counties.

14. You know thats a lie ^_^

Markymark and glasgowcyclist like this.
  15. kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

Overall - Lack of law enforcement over poor/illegal/dangerous driving.

C R and glasgowcyclist like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice