1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Biggest Sacrifice You've Made !!!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gezza, 25 Mar 2008.

1. i am giving up a freebie weekend:sad:,an all expenses paid trip:sad:,first class on Eurostar:sad:,4* hotel ;), all food xx(,drinks :sad:,priority passes:sad: etc to Disneyland Paris so that i can train for the etape this year

whats the biggest sacrifice you've made either in cycling or in general ??

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Go to Disney..................have you got kids ?

3. OP
    OP
    gezza

gezza New Member

No,i dont have kids

my friend does freelance travel write-ups for a national newspaper and is being invited along with loads of journalists(who i am reliably informed are females:smile:) to the launch of some new rides at disneyland and is allowed to take someone,he asked me,but i have had to turn down:sad:

i did suggest to him at first to take someone of the opposite sex,but alas he couldnt find anyone:smile:

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Well get some big rides in before and after the break..... get a day or two off work...go out there knackered...the walking/g-force will do you OK - don't pass up good opportunities.... fit it in.......

5. Yes - do it you nutter! Ride at night to make up for it...;)

6. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Someone made a big sacrifice for me once. But it would be waaaaayy tooo heavvvvy for this thread:sad:

7. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

Mr Surf gave me his backstage ticket for a Radio One gig in Cardiff about ten years back. I got to oogle Robbie Williams and the Manics and he got a peaceful night at home. I followed the gig up by going to the Manics signing at Virgin and got home at 3am and woke him up as I was so excited at having met my idols.

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

I hope you're not looking for reassurance that you've done the right thing.
    Because you haven't.
    ;) sorry!

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

please don't say the lord jesus

10. Monst

Monst New Member

Gezza you....grrrr..jeepers if anyone needs a slap across the napper right now it's you.. The etape is in July. Giving up one weekend ages before is not going to ruin your preperation for the etape. You only get chances of a major freebie once, so take it!

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

<shudder>Nicky Wire</shudder>

12. Robbie Fukcing Williams is one of your idols? Crikey:ohmy:. I would count attending a Robbie Fukcing Williams gig as a pretty big sacrifice. Or even hearing more than, ooh, two and a half seconds of one of "his" songs on the radio.;):tongue:

13. surfgurl

surfgurl New Member

In my defence I was a young thing of nineteen.
    There is no way I would go oogling nowadays. No. Not me. You won't catch me at it. No. Not now. Never. ;)

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

You don't do it or you're careful not to get caught?

15. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

She's just told you that she does still do it................read the signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!