The Biggest Sacrifice You've Made !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i am giving up a freebie weekend:sad:,an all expenses paid trip:sad:,first class on Eurostar:sad:,4* hotel ;), all food xx(,drinks :sad:,priority passes:sad: etc to Disneyland Paris so that i can train for the etape this year

whats the biggest sacrifice you've made either in cycling or in general ??

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go to Disney..................have you got kids ?

No,i dont have kids

my friend does freelance travel write-ups for a national newspaper and is being invited along with loads of journalists(who i am reliably informed are females:smile:) to the launch of some new rides at disneyland and is allowed to take someone,he asked me,but i have had to turn down:sad:

i did suggest to him at first to take someone of the opposite sex,but alas he couldnt find anyone:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well get some big rides in before and after the break..... get a day or two off work...go out there knackered...the walking/g-force will do you OK - don't pass up good opportunities.... fit it in.......

surfgurl

Mr Surf gave me his backstage ticket for a Radio One gig in Cardiff about ten years back. I got to oogle Robbie Williams and the Manics and he got a peaceful night at home. I followed the gig up by going to the Manics signing at Virgin and got home at 3am and woke him up as I was so excited at having met my idols.

bonj2

gezza said:
i am giving up a freebie weekend:sad:,an all expenses paid trip:sad:,first class on Eurostar:sad:,4* hotel :tongue:, all food :smile:,drinks :sad:,priority passes:sad: etc to Disneyland Paris so that i can train for the etape this year

whats the biggest sacrifice you've made either in cycling or in general ??

I hope you're not looking for reassurance that you've done the right thing.
Because you haven't.
;) sorry!

Monst

Gezza you....grrrr..jeepers if anyone needs a slap across the napper right now it's you.. The etape is in July. Giving up one weekend ages before is not going to ruin your preperation for the etape. You only get chances of a major freebie once, so take it!

Dave5N

Über Member
surfgurl said:
Mr Surf gave me his backstage ticket for a Radio One gig in Cardiff about ten years back. I got to oogle Robbie Williams and the Manics and he got a peaceful night at home. I followed the gig up by going to the Manics signing at Virgin and got home at 3am and woke him up as I was so excited at having met my idols.

<shudder>Nicky Wire</shudder>

surfgurl said:
Mr Surf gave me his backstage ticket for a Radio One gig in Cardiff about ten years back. I got to oogle Robbie Williams ... I was so excited at having met my idols.

Robbie Fukcing Williams is one of your idols? Crikey:ohmy:. I would count attending a Robbie Fukcing Williams gig as a pretty big sacrifice. Or even hearing more than, ooh, two and a half seconds of one of "his" songs on the radio.;):tongue:

surfgurl

In my defence I was a young thing of nineteen.
There is no way I would go oogling nowadays. No. Not me. You won't catch me at it. No. Not now. Never. ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I once cut off my nose to spite my face .

I must agree with the sentiments expressed -one missed ride won't make any difference to the etape

Top Bottom