The Bike Whisperer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I have just booked a session with this crowd on Monday 20/07/09 to have my commuter bike fit to me. Decided that I'd spent enough time and money faffing around with position/seatposts, stems etc and should get it done right. for some reason their webiste is down today but they are still going, will report back after I've been.

Tynan

Veteran
jolly good, I look forward to hearing about that

what is the cost anyway, I recall reading about this sort of thing, it goes right up to shoe moulds and the like doesn't it

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
This one is £85 for a full fitting, not as technical as bikefit/cyclefit but should be fine for my purposes. Part of the reason for this is because I've ordered my new shoes for the conversion to SPD riding. This fit includes setup of cleats etc, though no moldings for shoes. They get some rave reviews elsewhere and are quite happy to give you all the detailed final measurements to transfer to other bikes yourself.

If I ever get a problem then I may have a seperate fitting for shoes sometime.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, let us know how it goes..

re cleat set up.
Only you will be able to do this by using that age old trial and error method, they can show you how to set them up, that's fine. But they wont be able to set them up that would be perfect for you. What they think is good for you may give you hot spot, achey knee etc, then again they may be spot on... best thing with cleats is to take an allen key with you on a ride and adjust as and when needed, either forward, back, sideways and /or angled.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
ianrauk said:
re cleat set up.
Only you will be able to do this by using that age old trial and error method, they can show you how to set them up, that's fine. But they wont be able to set them up that would be perfect for you. What they think is good for you may give you hot spot, achey knee etc, then again they may be spot on... best thing with cleats is to take an allen key with you on a ride and adjust as and when needed, either forward, back, sideways and /or angled.

I would agree with that, it took several days until I was certain I got the position right

Tynan

Veteran
well done on several days, I tinker until it's alright, I never get it perfect I don't think, I had a good 100+ miles on DD but I'm sure the right one isn't quite right, the toe tends to point in a little and I don;t feel the right lef putting in as much power as the left

but I'm reluctant to start tinkering again when it's so close to right

jimboalee

ianrauk said:
yep, let us know how it goes..

re cleat set up.

Here's a trick.

Go get a sheet of plasticene. In bare feet, stand on it gently and then do a calf raise. Note where the deepest point of the indentation is. That's the pedal spindle position.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
jimboalee said:
Here's a trick.

Go get a sheet of plasticene. In bare feet, stand on it gently and then do a calf raise. Note where the deepest point of the indentation is. That's the pedal spindle position.
And where, since the demise of Woolworths, can I get plasticene? :thumbsup:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[quote name='swee'pea99']And where, since the demise of Woolworths, can I get plasticene? :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Blutack?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
jimboalee said:
Here's a trick.

Incidentally, Jim, that's the first post of yours I've fully understood:biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Pound shops are your friend swee'pea!

Sometimes its reffered to as moulding clay or something..

Garz

Squat Member
rich p said:
Incidentally, Jim, that's the first post of yours I've fully understood:biggrin:

Ahh yes but he's waiting to tell you that unless you use a elipse with an inch thick using certain 'jimbo' criteria then it will fail and he will be dissaproving! :smile:

Top Bottom