the bl**dy P Fairy paid me a visit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madguern

Been commuting to work over a year with no problem, road closed this morning so had to change route. Suddenly rear of bike went strange and hey presta (sic) shard of glass in back wheel.

I am so glad I had my clipless shoes in this morning as had to walk up the hills. I was only 5 mins away from destination so decided quicker to walk rather than change tube. So that was a great start to the week.

Have also now bought a co2 canister to go in my tool kit just in case I get another visit on the way home :-)

Hope you weeks starts better

potsy

Rambler
1 puncture in a year is hardly a chore though,surely? Unless you only commute 1 mile a day maybe.
Had 3 in 1 day last year,that was a pain:angry:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
They're great for fast inflations, but I carry a minipump too. I guess it's the same as carrying not just a spare tube, but a repair kit too.

OP
OP
madguern

madguern

I carry patches , inner tube and pump and thought may as well go the whole hog as don't fancy pumping tyres to 120 psi at the side of the rode in poor weather.

It was more the fact my wife saw the p**** fairy on this site and asked what it was and i foolish told here. I am now cursed :-(

Brahan

Über Member
!!!!!!!PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE PUNCTURE!!!!!!

!!!!!!!IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT
IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT
IDIOT!!!!!!

Keith Oates said:
I had three in two days last week, was not amused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. Six in the past 8 days. Convinced theres something in the new wheel catching the inner tube, but cannot feel anything with my fingers. Taped up all spokes holes, changed rim tape & fitted a new tyre as well. To say its annoying is a wee bit of an understatement.....:blush:

OP
OP
madguern

madguern

I have used the co2 canister and wow, well worth it. I can see when it is raining or windy and you don't really want to be at the side of the road that it would be useful. Saw two at the shop today bought the cheap one. However for a little extra there was a mini pump with canister.

Anyway i have hit many first in the past 12 months and now have had my first puncture on a road bike. The last puncture on my MTB ended up in A & E with suspected broken arm so better than that.

Cheers

Brahan

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:
!!!!!!!IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT
IDIOT!!!!!!

Hah, this is true but I'm not the one too superstitious to type PUNCTURE.

:becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get a good pump...can't be arsed with this Co2 shenanigans......FFS, change tyre and pump up a road bike or MTB in less than 5 mins.....done.....

Maybe if doing an MTB race, but road race/TT, then puncture = game over.

Brahan said:
Hah, this is true but I'm not the one too superstitious to type PUNCTURE.

:troll:

I am.:wacko::evil::biggrin:;)

I was thinking about the CO2 gas canister tonight and thinking it possibly isn't such a bad idea although I would only use it as frequently as Arsenal winning the league.:tongue:

(I can't say Tottenham as I would need to use it more than once in 45+ years.);)

Top Bottom