The Boat Race - two and a half *hours*?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think those of us with an Oxbridge education* find all this snobbery a bit tiresome.

*Speedwell Infants and St Nicholas CP.

subaqua

What’s the point
We were in Henley a while back, crewing a steam launch for some nob or other, when we observed members of some rowing club wearing black and yellow striped jackets.
"They look like wasps" said Hover fly "and for pretty much the same reason, as a warning."
You are aware steam gives way to sail ( or powered gives way to unpowered ;) )

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A bit like cyclists then?
No not really , cyclists don't go past people at 530 in the morning shouting through a megaphone or complain about the wash and then have some little prick in a speed boat following them causing stupid amounts of wash while shouting through a megaphone . They also wouldn't do a 17 point turn in the middle of the road without looking to see if any one else is remotely near them or set off from a mooring without checking that the way is clear from other traffic .

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ms Newt is only a woman, and so her contributions are often overlooked by the far more important masculine contributors to a thread, who repeat what she has said. There's an original example somewhere in the vaults.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I was disappointed with the coverage. The BBC spent quite a lot of time interviewing drunken young toffs gorging on Pimms. It's a pointless race and has no place taking up 2.5 hours of TV time. I'd have much rather they put 'Murder She Wrote' on in its place.

Top Bottom