The bright idea thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
How about a small dose of common sense. Local councils make it known when any road closures are taking place to the utility companies.

The companies are then asked if they have any work that needs doing. They then get the chance to do the work whilst the council have the road closed.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Inbuilt lie detectors for politicians. If they're lying, it gives them a mild electric shock until they proceed to tell the truth
There is a false assumption here. In many cases they do not know they are lying. Who needs evidence when you have conviction.
Or in the case of Jeffrey Archer a criminal conviction.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
How about a small dose of common sense. Local councils make it known when any road closures are taking place to the utility companies.

The companies are then asked if they have any work that needs doing. They then get the chance to do the work whilst the council have the road closed.

A few years back, they were building a new bus station in town.

I saw one man laying those little mini pavement cobbles at one end, and at the other end, another man digging some of them back up to install railings.

When I confronted the man laying the cobbles and asked why didn't he wait for the railings to be installed first, he told me that the department installing the railings were late and his own department were on a tight schedule. :wacko:

Top Bottom