The bright idea thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You have a good idea? Then state the problem, and state your idea, in order that we can marvel at our collective genius.

Problem - potholes. The Carncil send a bloke out with some yellow paint. He then paints rings around the potholes that require repair. The Carncil then leave it so long the yellow paint wears off leaving no trace.

Solution - sack the man with the yellow paint. It's clearly a pointless, make-work job. Use the cash saved to actually just get out and repair potholes. In fact, this solution is transferable and scaleable, and can be applied to the useless third of any organisation, the veritable Golgafrinchans.

So let's hear your ideas.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
This is going to be a short thread,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
Knock down all bus stops,they only interfere with the smooth running of the bus for the benefit of the driver.
As in yesterday.Our bus the 52 was due around 15-08 in lower Meanwood,a double decker bus came sporting the sign SORRY OUT OF SERVICE and went past the stop which included a local guy who is blind and his wife.I had to be home for a courier service delivery.Now it is hot i am tired it is uphill and a good 10-15 mins,so just before my street ,guess what down Stonegate Road comes said double decker 52 on it's journey in to Leeds centre.So my suggestion is scrap all bus stops and just stick your arm out anywhere you like to stop a bus,when needed.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
All tall buildings should be fitted with slides or helter skellters. This would reduce the need for stairs, be entertaining for the residents / workers and potentially provide a quicker evacuation in an emergency. Slopes / friction and junctions would need working out, but shouldn't be insurmountable.

My other great idea is to outlaw fitting of "pull" type door handles on doors that are "push"

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
This is going to be a short thread,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's not the attitude. We could set the World to rights here, and perhaps have a laugh along the way.

Knock down all bus stops,they only interfere with the smooth running of the bus for the benefit of the driver.
As in yesterday.Our bus the 52 was due around 15-08 in lower Meanwood,a double decker bus came sporting the sign SORRY OUT OF SERVICE and went past the stop which included a local guy who is blind and his wife.I had to be home for a courier service delivery.Now it is hot i am tired it is uphill and a good 10-15 mins,so just before my street ,guess what down Stonegate Road comes said double decker 52 on it's journey in to Leeds centre.So my suggestion is scrap all bus stops and just stick your arm out anywhere you like to stop a bus,when needed.

Brilliant! I just snorted Nespresso out my nose laughing at that one!!! But as well as being fun y, there is perhaps a good nugget of an idea buried in there. Top work.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

I thing that process started after the match last night.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 5310303, member: 45"]You're not supposed to put your bins outside your property.

People won't pay the council tax increase.

Next![/QUOTE]

You can't move around here on bin day for the thousands of bins scattered on pavements outside properties.

People will pay the Council Tax increase, partly because they have no choice in the matter and partly because bin collections are probably the most visible service they get from the council.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Screen-Shot-2014-10-03-at-12.30.05.png

tony111

Veteran
Space pipe.......a coil of pipe tethered to the space station. If there is a disaster like Chernobyl or whatever, simply drop one end of the pipe over the affected area and suck the toxic air into outer space. Control the air flow with a suitable NASA approved valve.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 5310345, member: 45"]Councillors are terrified of increasing council tax, as it's a vote issue. It took 15 years in Birmingham to get wheelie bins, because of the fear of losing votes.[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of rubbish!

Top Bottom