The Budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JBGooner

Über Member
"Spending on cycling infrastructure of more than £5bn, the same funds will also be spent on local minor roads"

Eh?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
"Spending on cycling infrastructure of more than £5bn, the same funds will also be spent on local minor roads"

Eh?
That means that £10 will be spent on a tin of paint for cyclists and the rest on filling pot holes with crisps and prawn crackers on the B roads...

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Seems a load of promised giveaways, with little take back. God knows how we will pay for the pandemic.

Some good stuff around working tax credits though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Haven't yet read all this thread but hope it stays here if it can be kept out of political mudslinging in the hopes that folk might learn about/be informed about the ins and outs of budget measures which might impact on their lives one way or the other.
Maybe a vain hope, but let's see.
Itll be fine, friendly, even light hearted, until they turn up :okay:

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I tell them I'm only renting it and will leave it in the gent's for them to recycle. (In some pubs I suspect that's back to the pump only pausing briefly in a cooler before serving to the next victim.)

So far I've failed to get a reduction in price.
You joke but a pub I worked in over 20 years ago would pour the contents of the slop trays back into the cheapest draft ale.
This was for lager and beer only. Guinness and cider went down the drain.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You joke but a pub I worked in over 20 years ago would pour the contents of the slop trays back into the cheapest draft ale.
This was for lager and beer only. Guinness and cider went down the drain.
Down our local the drip trays were all poured into a pint glass and given to a local skint drinker called Dick Bull

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I don't smoke and don't drink alcho ... alchi ... alcohol. Or at least not any more.

So ....

Budgety-stuff means I'm paying 1.25% extra National Insurance, the same tax for fuel and since I don't fly much no real difference there.

Overall I'm therefore about £725 a year worse off, but I already knew that. But ... I might get a pay rise as I'm in education, although less than inflation so worse off even more.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That means that £10 will be spent on a tin of paint for cyclists and the rest on filling pot holes with crisps and prawn crackers on the B roads...
Can anyone find the actual detail? Please tell me they haven't left that old loophole open again. Norfolk used it last time to resurface a quarter mile of A road under cover of replacing a barely-adequate Toucan with parallel walking and cycling crossings which are very much a mixed blessing because we have to stop for the red lights, unlike at a Toucan.

Top Bottom