The Budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't smoke and don't drink alcho ... alchi ... alcohol. Or at least not any more.

So ....

Budgety-stuff means I'm paying 1.25% extra National Insurance, the same tax for fuel and since I don't fly much no real difference there.

Overall I'm therefore about £725 a year worse off, but I already knew that. But ... I might get a pay rise as I'm in education, although less than inflation so worse off even more.

About 1% rise ? :sad:

DRM

Guru
I tell them I'm only renting it and will leave it in the gent's for them to recycle. (In some pubs I suspect that's back to the pump only pausing briefly in a cooler before serving to the next victim.)

So far I've failed to get a reduction in price.
A long time back I was at the Rugby at Headingley, at half time dad in law and me nipped to the loo, as we were going in a bloke came out clutching his pint, quick as a flash dad says I suspected that's where the beer came from, know I know it is, any how back to the budget.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE:
As long as this thread remains a "General chat in a Café" and doesn't descend into a "bar-room brawl' it should be possible to keep it here and open for contributions.

Members who post deliberately 'political' points, rather than just the details of what the Budget has said, are likely to find their contributions (and themselves) Deleted from the thread.

Keep it nice and you can discuss.
Get angsty and you'll be gone.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, he should! 🧐 Why are they making beer cheaper instead of more expensive i ask?!🤔 They're up to summat!!:unsure:
He quoted a post related to a reduction in duty, so it was clear at least to oneself.
They’re not, they’ve reduced the duty. The beer itself costs the same 🧐

I must admit to not even looking at the budget news until at least the next day when at least some less knee-jerk reactions are available from Left or Right.

The results will happen, and affect me or not, whether I read them today, tomorrow, or never.
same here - i wait for the dust and blather to settle.
Any opposition in parliament from whatever side (whoever the government is) is obvs just so much wind (taxable?) as they can't possibly have read it.
I look forward to some government getting wind that the world is about to end the next day, announcing presents and jolly good stuff beyond earthly imaginings, and the opposition getting up to condemn it with much theatrical rage.

Top Bottom