The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whilst out to see Tornado this morning, I happened to spot a mark on 'Roman Ridge Bridge', on Ridge Road, as it becomes to the north of Peckfield Bar
Oddly (to me anyway) it was on the capping stone, not on a vertical surface
Circled here, & photographed in the same direction as my photograph
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/125375

DSCF4382.JPG DSCF4383.JPG DSCF4384.JPG

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
On my way to a certain rugby event in Edinburgh
and 100 m from the actual stadium (Murrayfield for those wondering) I found this on a railway bridge
IMG_1187 (450 x 600).jpg

and of course, I enjoyed the game:okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
Whilst out to see Tornado this morning, I happened to spot a mark on 'Roman Ridge Bridge', on Ridge Road, as it becomes to the north of Peckfield Bar
Oddly (to me anyway) it was on the capping stone, not on a vertical surface
Circled here, & photographed in the same direction as my photograph
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/125375

View attachment 397167 View attachment 397168 View attachment 397169
Seems to be one or two not on a vertical surface round here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Question
What's the difference between a Traversing Point & a Trig Point?

One of each, less than 100 yards apart, on the map. I think I found the Traversing Point, not the Trig Point(Now covered by spoil from when the nearby houses were built.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Glorious sunshine but cold wind so a short bike ride to gather local cut marks to engage with this thread.
First one is a cut mark on a crumbling culvert under the B660 at Gt Gidding
View attachment 397385

2nd one is opposite end of the village on a bridge over the upper end of the Alconbury brook
View attachment 397386

Last is a cut mark on a roadside farm building in Thurning.
View attachment 397387
Nice finds.. That first one is going to be history soon!!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Datum2

Über Member
Not quite Benchmarks but very geographical.
Does anyone remember the slogan "Thurleigh NO! NO! NO!" from the mid 1970's when Thurleigh airfield was being considered as a candidate site for the third London Airport. Well on a bike ride last summer I spied this
IMG_20170624_152546847_HDR.jpg

In Keysoe Row on the B660 the faded remnants of the anti airport campaign slogan on a typical Bedfordshire black barn. The house holder gave the impression that she hadn't really taken any notice of what it said especially when a sweaty lycra clad oik was trying to explain that it was living history!
The question is, are there any more barns left with this slogan as I seem to remember it was a widespread campaign in Bedfordshire.
Something else to spy whilst looking for cut marks, flush brackets, trig pillars, OS bolts and fundamental bench marks and other roadside markers.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Not quite Benchmarks but very geographical.
Does anyone remember the slogan "Thurleigh NO! NO! NO!" from the mid 1970's when Thurleigh airfield was being considered as a candidate site for the third London Airport. Well on a bike ride last summer I spied this View attachment 397424
In Keysoe Row on the B660 the faded remnants of the anti airport campaign slogan on a typical Bedfordshire black barn. The house holder gave the impression that she hadn't really taken any notice of what it said especially when a sweaty lycra clad oik was trying to explain that it was living history!
The question is, are there any more barns left with this slogan as I seem to remember it was a widespread campaign in Bedfordshire.
Something else to spy whilst looking for cut marks, flush brackets, trig pillars, OS bolts and fundamental bench marks and other roadside markers.
That's not Jim Trotts Barn?

Top Bottom