The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
T'is now.
Good to hear. The research into conditions in the time of the Brontes was quite chilling.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A couple from yesterday’s ride to MK

0B85D8C6-8F7D-4EB5-AE2C-413A151BB590.jpeg

An old iron milepost near Wolverton Mill.

563E2E4A-DEB4-473E-B96F-88155AD01447.jpeg

And a BM on one of the terraced houses in Hanslope.

:smile:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Very fine looking teIephone exchange, but I dunno. Ours looks like a fortress, but it was built just after the Spanish Civil War, in which there was quite a bit of fighting around the telephone exchange in Barcelona during the May Days, and I think that the need for a telephone exchange to be a strong point was not a lesson lost on decision makers in the late 1930's.

Top Withens isn't that far from me. Nor is the house in which Emily was born.
I ran past Top Withins a few weeks ago, via the Stoop guidestone
http://www.woodentops.org.uk/index.php?topic=withins&subtopic=home
Route here; https://get.google.com/albumarchive...m503Vnx7OD41nEmPjPBcKiWWhoCJL0_JVm?source=pwa

Maybe a bit more distant, no bike in the shot, but surely a building incorporating a section of a collapsed TV transmitter mast is certain an odd 'geograph'!!

Tim Hall

Very fine looking teIephone exchange, but I dunno. Ours looks like a fortress, but it was built just after the Spanish Civil War, in which there was quite a bit of fighting around the telephone exchange in Barcelona during the May Days, and I think that the need for a telephone exchange to be a strong point was not a lesson lost on decision makers in the late 1930's.
I think it's a common theme that telephone exchanges are secure places. A good amount of mayhem to be caused by a miscreant inside one of them. Anyhoo, no one has answered the question. What is so good about the telephone exchange pictured, in relation to the general flavour of this thread?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I think it's a common theme that telephone exchanges are secure places. A good amount of mayhem to be caused by a miscreant inside one of them. Anyhoo, no one has answered the question. What is so good about the telephone exchange pictured, in relation to the general flavour of this thread?
It's a trig point? :smile:

Top Bottom