The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ah, I know New Braddle well. I'm out other side of Hanslope from you, maybe 15 minutes drive if the roads are clear.

Oakridge is a nice spot. Quite high and exposed, looking down to Haversham village nestling in the valley a mile to the North. Oakridge hasn't been there long, but being high and exposed as it is the residents will know about when they do eventually get a hard Winter.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The gubbins to drain the dam (I assume) where I got my first CBM yesterday.
They did it the easy way by breaching the dam wall

Dam doings.jpg

Ah, I know New Braddle well. I'm out other side of Hanslope from you, maybe 15 minutes drive if the roads are clear.

Oakridge is a nice spot. Quite high and exposed, looking down to Haversham village nestling in the valley a mile to the North. Oakridge hasn't been there long, but being high and exposed as it is the residents will know about when they do eventually get a hard Winter.

You've even got the pronounciation of braddle right:notworthy:

You're not wrong there, the cold air rolls down into the river 'valley' but it's a great spot for walking the pooch.

I ride out your way, it's a handy end point for an out and back loop.

Breakfast at the forest café is a good stop too, if a little expensive

They're such a wonderful relic from our pioneering past and ought to be preserved better than they are.

agreed, but if you think of how many people actually know what they are and what they are for, its easy to just ignore them.

that's the issue when everything is done to cost - knock something down or replace and don't think about the history.

I had a look at the benchmark site, the amount of comments where 'wall now missing' or 'building not there' was quite startling. there should be some care to preserve historical information by councils etc when carrying out projects. I can understand cost factors but reservation should be make to keep/incorporate these marks into the refurbished building/Stucture.

bit of a simplistic view but who wants to live in a flat, bare concrete environment.

Speaking of railway lines, @PeteXXX have you visited the Salcey Forest railway line? The platform still exists where the route goes under the B526 and is fairly intact. There's also a benchmark on the road bridge so its a double points visit.

this thread is opening loads of good stuff. ive been knocking about out that way for years and never knew about the railway line although it makes sense that it passed through Roade.

just been having a look at the images, that station house would have made a lovely residence.

I think the single speed genesis and I need a day out that way very soon

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
this thread is opening loads of good stuff. ive been knocking about out that way for years and never knew about the railway line although it makes sense that it passed through Roade.

just been having a look at the images, that station house would have made a lovely residence.

I think the single speed genesis and I need a day out that way very soon

loads of good cycling between MK and Northampton way

loads of good cycling between MK and Northampton way

agreed, once im out past Haversham, usually the roads are great.

my location in Milton Keynes means I am on country roads in no time at all, I can get out to Bedford, Rushdon, Northampton, Banbury and out to Oxford without bothering with any A roads at all.

best of all is the grand union canal is only half a mile from my house so I can jump on that and be road free pretty much anywhere. I did actually start with canal bridge plaques a while ago but it just took too long to get anywhere :laugh:

progress will again now be a little slower since getting into this thread.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
best of all is the grand union canal is only half a mile from my house so I can jump on that and be road free pretty much anywhere. I did actually start with canal bridge plaques a while ago but it just took too long to get anywhere :laugh:

looking for os benchmarks etc etc has the same effect on average pace as well , so i have started to try and limit myself to how long i spend looking whilst out

Top Bottom