The CC Trig Point bagger thread, now incorporating other interesting geographs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Unashamedly stolen the idea from the Col Baggers thread. That looked like great fun to me, but there is a dearth of Cols near me, so it was a no go.

Still, I liked the idea, but came up with a type of target more easily found in my part of the World...or in any part of the country... Trig Points.

Ideally ones you've sought on the bicycle, but I won't be sniffy if you happened to be driving past and leaped out the still moving car to snap a prime example of trig pointness.

I'm having my shoulder injection tomorrow, but after a day or two of recovery I'm going to go hunting myself. It seems to me a good motivation to go for a ride, an ongoing purposes, and the rides become more epic as you bag the easy local ones and start moving further afield.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Jeez, I now have three things in common with you.........:okay:
I've claimed a few in my times, 3 countries (SOTA whilst there)

I use this for info and logging HERE

Enjoy!!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Waaayyyy ahead of you Bobby ;)

I could take my Baofeng with me and do TPOTA, over 6000 potential activations!
Much bloody easier in some cases..
I'm a VHF/UHF only man from the hills, I tried HF once and got lost under a pile-up of rather rude Continental opos, I moved to 60m and got.......
nothing:laugh:
I can work into the Lakes area from nearby but involves some tasty hill climbing and cyclocross (mid summer maybe).
I'll hopefully make my annual jaunt to the Lakes at some point, missed last year :sad:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm heading over Milton Keynes way end of the week, scoped a couple on the map to start me off.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Not managed any Trig Points yet, but on my first gentle ride out in a month located and bagged an OS Bench Mark in the next village.

Roade SP 75781 51740(2).JPG

This type denotes also the presence of utlilties below, in this case presumably some phone cables.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not managed any Trig Points yet, but on my first gentle ride out in a month located and bagged an OS Bench Mark in the next village.

View attachment 343906

This type denotes also the presence of utlilties below, in this case presumably some phone cables.
Presumably! Is that the best of your detective skills?
G.P.O. and phones.
?2602

I take it you didn't have your trailer with you then.

Top Bottom