Why are some people so friggin useless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joe24 said:
Why do people spend hours sitting by a river waiting for a fish to get their hook, for them to just throw the fish back into the river when they got it out? Why not just leave the fish in the water in the first place?
And why do they sit by the river Bonj, they arent competeting against anyone, just sat there.

for a similar reason to that of why you are baiting Bonj, its quite similar to fishing in that your waiting for him to bite.

bonj2

Joe24;726003][QUOTE=bonj said:
And why is how much point there is in it directly proportional to the skill in it?
Oh, lots.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't make sense :ohmy:
A question that starts with "why" cannot be answered with "lots"...:smile:

You are saying that if there is little or limited skill in something, that means there is no point in it. i.e., you are saying that the point in something is proportional, i.e. related, to how much skill it takes to do it.
WHY do you think that?

And why do you think there isn't any skill in skiing? When you post a video of yourself skiing down a black run perfectly, slaloming round some traffic cones in the process then you'll be believed, not until.

And I think to be fair you calling other sports skill-less is a bit pot/kettle/black! There is absolutely NO skill in fixed riding whatsoever! ;)

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Why do people play squash? theres no tactics there, just wack it at a wall hard as and hope for the best.
Why do people spend hours sitting by a river waiting for a fish to get their hook, for them to just throw the fish back into the river when they got it out? Why not just leave the fish in the water in the first place?
And why do they sit by the river Bonj, they arent competeting against anyone, just sat there.
If i had the power, i would change the rules on what a sport is.

Often just to get away from their wife ;)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
That doesn't make sense :ohmy:
A question that starts with "why" cannot be answered with "lots"...:smile:

You are saying that if there is little or limited skill in something, that means there is no point in it. i.e., you are saying that the point in something is proportional, i.e. related, to how much skill it takes to do it.
WHY do you think that?

And why do you think there isn't any skill in skiing? When you post a video of yourself skiing down a black run perfectly, slaloming round some traffic cones in the process then you'll be believed, not until.

And I think to be fair you calling other sports skill-less is a bit pot/kettle/black! There is absolutely NO skill in fixed riding whatsoever! ;)

Skiing, sliding down a mountain. You know it Bonj. Moving round cones, you just lean one way then the other and hope for the best.
No skill in fixed riding, well i dont know. Maybe there is abit.
The main thing i think is pointless though, is the Tea? thread. That really is pointless.

Joe24

bonj said:
Often just to get away from their wife ;)

Why not go out and do something more then just sit down? Like ride a bike?;)
I see you had to take some time to come up with some finer points for this arguement Bonj.
Admit it, you think the same as what i do. Your just going up against it because you feel like it, and because i called your beloved sport of squash pointless!

bonj2

Joe24 said:
I see you had to take some time to come up with some finer points for this arguement Bonj.
Admit it, you think the same as what i do. Your just going up against it because you feel like it, and because i called your beloved sport of squash pointless!

the point in that list was that ALL 'modern' sport like tennis, skiing etc is essentially pointless, compared to the original 'olympic' sports, which all have warfare connotations. Javelin, for instance, dates back to a method of attacking a castle. Shot put - close combat with rocks probably gave rise to that competition. Running - speaks for itself - fleeing!
But that's only if you define whether there is a "point" to something as being whether it has (or once had) any utilitarian purpose, as opposed to whether it is just fun in and of itself.
Sports such as tennis were invented solely by people who are bored, there is absolutely no "point" to them whatsoever, other than the fact that people have found that they are fun.
I think squash was invented by prisoners in pakistan who wanted to play tennis but didn't have a tennis court and a net so they hit the ball against the prison wall, and it grew from there.

Joe24

bonj said:
the point in that list was that ALL 'modern' sport like tennis, skiing etc is essentially pointless, compared to the original 'olympic' sports, which all have warfare connotations. Javelin, for instance, dates back to a method of attacking a castle. Shot put - close combat with rocks probably gave rise to that competition. Running - speaks for itself - fleeing!
But that's only if you define whether there is a "point" to something as being whether it has (or once had) any utilitarian purpose, as opposed to whether it is just fun in and of itself.
Sports such as tennis were invented solely by people who are bored, there is absolutely no "point" to them whatsoever, other than the fact that people have found that they are fun.
I think squash was invented by prisoners in pakistan who wanted to play tennis but didn't have a tennis court and a net so they hit the ball against the prison wall, and it grew from there.

So how many people will admit to agreeing with this post of Bonjs? Arch must agree with it, aswell as many other people, but i doubt they will actually say they agree.

Joe24 said:

perhaps he has other demands on his time?

pointless like arguing on the internet?

Joe24

Pushing tin said:
perhaps he has other demands on his time?

pointless like arguing on the internet?

That is a pointless comment.
Was it you that also said about canoeing, and a life block or something or other? What is that? In the years that ive been canoeing(about 5 years now) ive never heard of one. Only a suicide block.
Appologies if i have the wrong person, i do have a habbit of thinking someone else said something when it was infact, someone else.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
rich p said:
Anyone know how old you have to be before you realise you don't know everything?

Normal folks, probably mid 20's, level of shock experienced, variable. 'Some' folks, probably never, though vision will narrow with age to enable easier avoidance of inconvenient information.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Joe24 said:
You said that classing one thing that someone enjoys as pointless is pointless.
So your saying that my classification list is pointless. Well i enjoy my classification list, its taken me many years of thought to come up with the classifications of many of the sports.
So, you saying what i do is pointless makes you a hypocrit. Face the facts Arch.
Is it because i offended one of your chosen 'sports'?
I suppose your posy of followers wil be along soon;)

Please, for the love of god, learn to spell!

And then grow up, and go off and have babies with bonj, which I think is what you really want to do.

<considers combined genes of bonj and joe>

<shudders>

I don't have any 'chosen sports'. I cycle for enjoyment, and transport. I find nearly all sport equally tedious, very occasioanlly I watch stuff with horses in, because I like watching horses - the sport aspect is irrelevant.

Top Bottom