Why are some people so friggin useless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
gavintc said:
I live in 3rd floor Victorian flat (no lift). The postman does not like delivering and either waits till he has a decent bundle (weekly) or drops it at the bottom of the common stair. No amount of complaining to the 'customer service' stupid woman makes any difference.
I thought the Post office have a legally-enforcable duty to deliver to the letterbox on the front door. This is why the UK doesn't have the wee boxes on stands like the Americans, Oztralians etc.

I seem to remember being told that, strictly, a postman is not even allowed to give the mail to someone standing outside the house (even if they are the addressee).

But I could be wrong ......

*PING* - postman of CC fame - am I talking rubbish ?

Mortiroloboy

Joe24 said:
Shouldnt play the stupid game that is tennis then.
Smacking a ball back and forth as hard as you can is just pointless.

Bl**dy hell, I never thought I'd ever agree with anything you said Bonj er, sorry Joe24;):ohmy:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User259iroloboy said:
Bl**dy hell, I never thought I'd ever agree with anything you said Bonj er, sorry Joe24;):ohmy:

Bonj is an idiot aswell.
Smacking a ball against a wall as hard as you can. WTF is the point in that?
Now, smacking pointed sticks at pigeons and pheasents and stuff for hunting, thats a real sport.

gavintc

Guru
scoosh said:
I thought the Post office have a legally-enforcable duty to deliver to the letterbox on the front door. This is why the UK doesn't have the wee boxes on stands like the Americans, Oztralians etc.

I seem to remember being told that, strictly, a postman is not even allowed to give the mail to someone standing outside the house (even if they are the addressee).

Yes, even the Post Office agree to this - but the bloody postman still continues to do it. We complain every 2 weeks - no change.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
scoosh said:

on one occasion i came down from upstairs to find a card saying something needed a signature. knowing what it was, and sure that the card had just arrived, i raced up the road to ask the postie if i could have my post. he let me sign for it having seen the card.

glastonbury tickets…

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
summerdays said:
Get yourself a greenhouse... that's where the postman decided to leave all our parcels ... works really well.

Same here, and he's a mate of mine............:biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
scoosh said:
We have a wee box on a stand and the postman delivers to it - saves him walking through the gate and up the drive and running the gauntlet of the guard dog. It even has a little flag that they put up when there's post in it, except the relief postman tends to bend the metal of the little flag so it has to be replaced occasionally.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
We have two or three postmen who alternate on the round we're on.

Two of them are pretty useless when it comes to parcels. The third, if he does the round in the Post Office mandated order, he'll get to us about 11 - long after we're all out. But instead, he comes to us first, to drop a parcel before we leave for work, and then go on with the rest of the round.

Now I call that sensible.

simonali

Guru
Our one insists on folding every letter in half before putting them through the door, despite the fact that the letterbox is amply sized for the letters to pass through without being reduced in width by 50%! :becool:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
scoosh said:

My postie is lovely (occasionally its not him), but he will stop me even half a mile away from the house if he has a parcel for me and always waves at me on the bike. And he even offers to pick up parcels for me sometimes.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
summerdays said:
My postie is lovely (occasionally its not him), but he will stop me even half a mile away from the house if he has a parcel for me and always waves at me on the bike. And he even offers to pick up parcels for me sometimes.
I think you're in there, SD. ;):biggrin:;)

bonj2

solutions:
montage said:
Oh and some twot of a kid I was playing tennis against seemed incapable of putting any effort into playing, making for a boooring tennis session - more of a waste of time.

Being let down by people who struggle to recruit more than th basic functional braincells irritates me.

Try direct at-the-body shots.

Top Bottom